Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Actual time lapse of a sequence

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgoinstrong

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject: Actual time lapse of a sequence Reply with quote

Good Afternoon,

I'm doing some film scoring and wanted to locate/find the actual length in hr. min. sec. of a sequence on my Kronos 88. I'd like to be able to compose the necessary length of the cues based on measures needed. I've had no luck even after creating a sample cue and "looking around". Can someone point me to where I'd find the actual lapsed time of a sequence, if possible?

Thank you.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not with the internal Kronos sequencer. The only way is to link your krnos to a sequencer within a DAW with midi. Any sequencer in a DAW will show both in measures or in time you sequence lenght or any lenght of any part of your sequence. I hope this time function will be in the next Kronos successor ! Very Happy

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
jgoinstrong

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the quick reply. Ok, that shouldn't be a problem my software already does that. Just hoping to stay on the Kronos without going back and forth a bit.

Thanks!
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My MOTU MIDI interface can read SMPTE time code, so I simply stripe SMPTE to an audio track in the Kronos' sequencer, then feed that audio track (via 1/4" TS cable) into the SMPTE input of the MOTU MIDI Interface. Using the included software, it will display SMPTE time code on the computer.

Similar strategies should be possible with many DAWs, or standalone software. It may even be possible to relay the SMPTE track directly into the computer over the USB connection.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: