Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Build a setlist now , try to have my song on place??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ivarbalade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Build a setlist now , try to have my song on place?? Reply with quote

Hello i am to build up a setlist , i do combi and program easily on place at setlist but what i dont understand to make on place, when i boot up my korg kronos x 88 is this: I go to my seaqencer and make my song then i go to the right corner and go down to setlist and push yes. then i go into my setlist and i can hear my song play when i push start .. but when i have shot down my korg kronos x 88 and boot it up again my songe name is there in setlist but its not play anymore ,so what function do i have to activate to be on place next time i boot up my korg kronos x 88 ,so i can use my song directedly , i ask since i am soon going out and have a consert, so this is a a urgent issue for me to solve thanks for point at the correct solution to do. confused i am...

Ivarbalade Norway
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I understand completely, but make sure after you boot up your K, go to the 'Disk' tab and load the SNG file.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Build a setlist now , try to have my song on place?? Reply with quote

ivarbalade wrote:
Hello i am to build up a setlist , i do combi and program easily on place at setlist but what i dont understand to make on place, when i boot up my korg kronos x 88 is this: I go to my seaqencer and make my song then i go to the right corner and go down to setlist and push yes. then i go into my setlist and i can hear my song play when i push start .. but when i have shot down my korg kronos x 88 and boot it up again my songe name is there in setlist but its not play anymore ,so what function do i have to activate to be on place next time i boot up my korg kronos x 88 ,so i can use my song directedly , i ask since i am soon going out and have a consert, so this is a a urgent issue for me to solve thanks for point at the correct solution to do. confused i am...

falcon is correct. Simply, your Song files are not part of the Preload.

Keep in mind, I don't use Set List. So what I suggest has to be tested.

assuming you have more than 1 song to perform, you need to create 1 large
SNG file. IOW, Song #000, 001, 002 etc have to be saved as 1 large file
on your SSD or USB. I think this is the only way to get them to eventually
appear in your Set List.

There is no way to 'automate ' the above. You have to boot your K, then load your large Song file. Then figure out how to have it display in Set List and save
that.

If you google the forum, you should find several posts that might be more direct
on using SNG files in set list.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to load songs every time you boot up Kronos.
Kronos will not save songs in sequencer.

Make a songs file that has your songs arranged in an order that matches Setlist.
That way when you load the songs, you can just go to setlist and begin to play songs from there.
LZ
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this is what I do - add one additional detail. When you load your song file, you have the option to clear or append. Append will add the songs in the .SNG file to whatever is already loaded in song mode, whereas clear will remove any existing songs and replace with what's in the file.

SO, when you' build your setlist, only have whatever songs loaded that you need. Save that as a song file to go with that setlist. Anytime you want to add as song to the setlist, make sure the existing song file is loaded (so your existing songs work from the setlist, then add from there. Re-save setlist, re-save song file with all existing songs and the new ones added to it. That will maintain the integrity of the song locations. Select Clear All when you load the song file.

So I have set lists saved for different bands I play in, and song files that go with them. If I'm playing with contagious, upon booting I load contagious.SNG and select the contagious setlist. Everything works. If I'm playing with That 80s Band, I load T8B.SNG and select that setlist -everything works, and so on.

If I first loaded a song file for one band, then another one and select "append", instead of putting the first song of the new file at 1, it would put it at the first open slot after all of the other songs, so now a slot in the other setlist that pointed to the first song would be pointing to the wrong song.

Make sense?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject: SNG files Reply with quote

Hey LZ, would you be so kind as to read over my posted forum question about sequencing on the Kronos 2? The title is "Linking sequences to create a song". I read your answer about SNG files and Set Lists.
Thanks.[b][/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: