Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Triton X Transfer Midi Data to Computer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
i_scotty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:52 am    Post subject: Korg Triton X Transfer Midi Data to Computer? Reply with quote

I have the classic Triton ProX with a floppy drive. I bought an external floppy drive in hopes that I could hook it up to my computer with the Korg disk in the drive, read the "general midi data", and then transfer that data to a USB. Anyone know if there's a step I'm missing, or if it's even possible? When I do access the drive all I see is one file, which is a .SNG file. I cannot open that file. Thanks.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would start back at step one with the triton ProX disk in the triton ProX.
Then load its contents into Triton ProX to determine what is in there. Look in the sequencer songs for details.
Sequencer files are meant to be read in sequencer. I transport Kronos files in and out of of my computer, email them across filing apps on iPad and i never have access to open the files as they sit -filed as the files they are.
They have to be put to what they are native to, before becoming useful beyond mere stored packets.
Audio files are not going to read in pictures file suites even though they may store there. Midi files are not going to read in Audio application even if they store in the same suite as audio files.
Filing is filing and i take a cook book to the kitchen for it to be useful in the same way i take midi files to a sequencer for them to be useful.

You will likely need a DAW suite with midi+audio sequencer on your computer ,and take the files there where their format can be relevant. I know that even between korg devices, not all files are compatible, but standard midi files should be compatible between any device with a midi sequencer.

No need to open the file when you see it, just work on getting it to your computer and then you can put it on USB. The file will not be relevant beyond a closed and stored packet until it is put into an application that has the format the file has.
The USB itself has to be formatted to handle the korg files you are putting in it. The FAT 16 or 32 formatting. It can be formatted from the computer or from a korg device that has USB input.
Maybe look up what file format Korg Triton ProX uses.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The .SNG Is a proprietary Korg format. When you go to save the sequencer data be sure to save it as an SMF. Even then if you want to view it on your computer you will need some type of a sequencer program. And you will only be hearing general MIDI versions of the sounds not the Kronos sounds. Even transferring from the Triton to the Kronos would yield some strange results.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: