Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BOSE S1 PRO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ORGANGRINDER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: BOSE S1 PRO Reply with quote

WOW!! Just got 2 bose s1 pro speakers for small jobs. I have run one in mono and 2 in stereo and I think they blow away my bose campacts for smaller gigs.
In mono the pianos sound much better than the compact. It seems they are richer sounding. That is even running them flat (indent position on the treble and bass controls). Tonematch switch off. I can't believe the power these have.

MEL
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mel, now that you've had these speakers for awhile, how would you review them?

I too love the battery power, small size and weight, built-in eq and reverb, perfect for what I need. Too bad you need 2 of them for stereo.
ORGANGRINDER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need 2 of any kind of speakers for stereo or else it is mono. No magic. I still love my s1 pros and I use them for any small gig and some bigger ones depending on the size of the room. Don't forget, these are not going to replace a larger unit for large places or noisy crowds. They get very loud just don't try
to make them do anything they are not made to do. You won't get super loud bass thump with these. They are made to sound smooth and work well for senior crowds and lighter jobs like coffee houses and restaurants. They sound super and are very easy on my back. One of the best systems I have ever had.
MEL
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you set them up? I'm imagining, strictly for personal monitoring, setting them on short stands on either side for killer stereo. I would think that setting them on the ground as a monitor wedge, that you'd lose the punch.

I have a decent setup at the moment- a powerful boombox style Bluetooth speaker, KMC3, that I place in the center behind the keyboard. This gives me a great stereo sound. I also have a QSC K8.2 that supplies bass and more power. I place it at ear level fairly close to myself.

Together these produce a really dynamic and satisfying sound, but as I said, this is for personal monitoring.
ORGANGRINDER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use them as a full PA system on stands or on floor depending on the job. Don't get me wrong, they are almost as powerful as my bose compacts. They can get very loud. Fine for small clubs etc.
MEL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: