Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa4X and RCF EVOX JMIX8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject: Pa4X and RCF EVOX JMIX8 Reply with quote

I am thinking to change my current pa system (2 x QSC K10 + Mixer) to RCF EVOX JMIX8 because of its portability, weight, power and incorporated mixer.
I didn't yet tested any to judge the quality, only read the specification.

It would be for:
Gigs: private parties indoor (20-100 persons), soft and dancing music.
Inputs needed: Korg Pa4X, one acoustic Violin and one Vocal.

Any suggestion or idea would be appreciated.
Thanks
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, even 10's are pushing it a bit. To go to 8's is a substantial drop down in bass response.

And you have QSC's which are arguably among the top rated boxes going!
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miden wrote:
FWIW, even 10's are pushing it a bit. To go to 8's is a substantial drop down in bass response.

And you have QSC's which are arguably among the top rated boxes going!

Thanks miden for your prompt reply.
Actually I want to switch to a Pa Array System (RCF EVOX JMIX8) and not any more traditional speakers and heavy stands and more compact and less equipment and faster setup and less cabling.
With RCF EVOX JMIX8 I will eliminate the QSC K10, mixer, mixer's stand and my heavy two speakers' stands.
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used arrays (Bose L1 model 1 and II) JBLs and others, and to me I just cannot get the acoustic pianos to sound right.

They are great for program music and other instruments, but piano? Even with EQing (and LOTS of minor tweaking) just could not get them to suit.

I have used QSC's and did not have half the trouble getting a decent piano sound happening. YMMV of course Smile
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miden wrote:
I've used arrays (Bose L1 model 1 and II) JBLs and others, and to me I just cannot get the acoustic pianos to sound right.

They are great for program music and other instruments, but piano? Even with EQing (and LOTS of minor tweaking) just could not get them to suit.

I have used QSC's and did not have half the trouble getting a decent piano sound happening. YMMV of course Smile
I tend to agree with miden here I would be more inclined to keep the QSC and add a single sub to this set up this will improve things and surpass the rcf's.... more gear but the sound is where it counts .
the_boss81

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a sub will "do the job".
The Evox and all other boxes of this type are only called "Linearray" - but have little to do with Linearrays. The principle is nothing new either - it has been used in cherries for decades. For music and singing the chopsticks are worth mentioning, if at all, only from a much higher price level...
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Friends:

I've tried different speakers and line array system, but the best results i get was with a pair of SWR California Blondee, crystal clear and powerfull for gig up to 200 persons. As it have a 12' woofer, sound response it's really good.- Piano sounds great the same with acoustic guitars.- Unless for my these amp becomes the solution, very good sounding, easy to transport, less conections.-
Just an opinion.-
With regards.
Eduardo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: