Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa700 midifiles played by an Ipad

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your main use of the Pa700
Playing the Pa700
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Sequencing/altering/creating midi files
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

Cossie69

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Pa700 midifiles played by an Ipad Reply with quote

I do a bit of busking so taking the Pa700 with me to the busking pitch is not practical due to its size and the unavailablity of power.
Is it possible to playback midi files created using the Pa700 on an Ipad?
I've heard that there is a Korg Sounds module for Ipad or IOS

https://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_module/

Does anyone know if the Korg Sounds module for IOS also has a midi file player that would enable the playing of midi files on the ipad?
If so I would be looking to either get the sound into a PA via the Ipad headphone socket or via bluetooth.

Has anyone used the Pa700 to create midi files and then copied these midi files to an ipad and played the files from the ipad at a gig? If so how did it go in terms of sound quality and ease of getting this to work?
Brian007

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

No expert but I would imagine it will be pretty problematic as you would need the same voices on the ipad on the software as you used to create the original midi file , not sure if the korg for the ipad will play more than one midi track at a time ?

May be better creating you midi backing tracks and the record the as audio to replay on the ipad, sound quality should be reasonable enough .

All the best, Brian007
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do not need to do what you state.

You can play mp3 files directly from a USB drive inserted in the PA.

You can also import a MIDI file and the PA will convert it to a Style.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the suggestion above of recording your midis as mp3’s and playing these from the iPad makes the most sense if you want the same sound as the Pa700.
If you want the flexibility of midis then there is one app I can recommend called Sweet Midi Player. With this app you can view lyrics on screen and mix tracks, change keys etc. Best of all you can load your own General Midi sounds (not from the Pa700 but there are lots of free and commercial sound sets out there). I have a couple of free GM sound sets you can download from my site https://sites.google.com/site/soundfonts4u/
The default sound set of Sweet Midi Player is just OK. Adding your own GM sound set brings it a lot closer to a more professsional sound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: