Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Kronos competitors?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My one "Gripe" with the Kronos line, is that they gave us 9 Synth engines, but very little dedicated realtime controls to take full advantage. yes you can use the sliders, but I always get confused as to which mode I'm in during a live performance and really can't read crap on stage to find the one that says Sustain. They could of created a dedicated Synth section; ala Nord, with realtime controls for OSC, Cutoff, ADSR, etc. to interact with those 9 synths.

I'm dumbfounded no enterprising midi controller manufacturer has created a midi controller specific to the Kronos with the realtime controls and keybed people have been asking for.
PCFREE
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbrkr wrote:
My one "Gripe" with the Kronos line, is that they gave us 9 Synth engines, but very little dedicated realtime controls to take full advantage. yes you can use the sliders, but I always get confused as to which mode I'm in during a live performance and really can't read crap on stage to find the one that says Sustain. They could of created a dedicated Synth section; ala Nord, with realtime controls for OSC, Cutoff, ADSR, etc. to interact with those 9 synths.

I'm dumbfounded no enterprising midi controller manufacturer has created a midi controller specific to the Kronos with the realtime controls and keybed people have been asking for.

How about a Kronos with the Yamaha Montage “superknob” functionality ? Rolling Eyes

....as we forgive those who synthesize against us!!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCFREE wrote:
kbrkr wrote:

How about a Kronos with the Yamaha Montage “superknob” functionality ? Rolling Eyes

I attached a glowing LED to the vector joystick.

And it changes colors according to the mood of the song plus it calibrates
to BPM

WooHoo Wink
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
PCFREE wrote:
kbrkr wrote:

I attached a glowing LED to the vector joystick.

And it changes colors according to the mood of the song plus it calibrates
to BPM

WooHoo Wink

Very interesting, Greg. I'd like to see that.

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
leonh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just guessing here is it possible for Kronos to get gadget incorporated ?
leonh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg gadget
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a dream, an interesting new synth keyboard came out.
Not enough details about what it was, other than it was new fare for competition among makes and models.
Odd new shade of the more common keyboard color.
Nothing spectacular about the outside look though.

Must be coming soon. I have seen it inside my crystal eyeball.
While i was dozed off early dawn of Saturday morning.
Could it be the grand blaster of them all? On its way? AlreadY?
leonh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying what we would like in new workstation how many of us can say that we (I exclude myself ) mastered our Kronos so the workstation itself is hampering our talent and only another much higher specs workstation will make us more creative .
Of course new gear is always welcome I would be inclined to get a new Kronos just because I can nothing more than that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: