Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Kronos competitors?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kbrkr
Platinum Member


Joined: 06 Oct 2003
Posts: 599
Location: Tampa, FL, USA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My one "Gripe" with the Kronos line, is that they gave us 9 Synth engines, but very little dedicated realtime controls to take full advantage. yes you can use the sliders, but I always get confused as to which mode I'm in during a live performance and really can't read crap on stage to find the one that says Sustain. They could of created a dedicated Synth section; ala Nord, with realtime controls for OSC, Cutoff, ADSR, etc. to interact with those 9 synths.

I'm dumbfounded no enterprising midi controller manufacturer has created a midi controller specific to the Kronos with the realtime controls and keybed people have been asking for.
_________________
Kronos 2, Pa4x, Nord Stage 3 Compact, LD Maui 28 (2), Kronos Remote and ForeScore
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PCFREE
Senior Member


Joined: 02 Sep 2012
Posts: 457
Location: Just passing through...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbrkr wrote:
My one "Gripe" with the Kronos line, is that they gave us 9 Synth engines, but very little dedicated realtime controls to take full advantage. yes you can use the sliders, but I always get confused as to which mode I'm in during a live performance and really can't read crap on stage to find the one that says Sustain. They could of created a dedicated Synth section; ala Nord, with realtime controls for OSC, Cutoff, ADSR, etc. to interact with those 9 synths.

I'm dumbfounded no enterprising midi controller manufacturer has created a midi controller specific to the Kronos with the realtime controls and keybed people have been asking for.


How about a Kronos with the Yamaha Montage “superknob” functionality ? Rolling Eyes
_________________
Kronos 2 61, Kurzweil Forte 7, Yamaha Montage 6,
Roland Integra-7

....as we forgive those who synthesize against us!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GregC
Platinum Member


Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 7149
Location: Discovery Bay (San Francisco Bay Area)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCFREE wrote:
kbrkr wrote:
My one "Gripe" with the Kronos line, is that they gave us 9 Synth engines, but very little dedicated realtime controls to take full advantage. yes you can use the sliders, but I always get confused as to which mode I'm in during a live performance and really can't read crap on stage to find the one that says Sustain. They could of created a dedicated Synth section; ala Nord, with realtime controls for OSC, Cutoff, ADSR, etc. to interact with those 9 synths.

I'm dumbfounded no enterprising midi controller manufacturer has created a midi controller specific to the Kronos with the realtime controls and keybed people have been asking for.


How about a Kronos with the Yamaha Montage “superknob” functionality ? Rolling Eyes


I attached a glowing LED to the vector joystick.

And it changes colors according to the mood of the song plus it calibrates
to BPM

WooHoo Wink
_________________
Kronos 88. nanoPAD2. Roland FA-07, MBP, UR44
Achieve your musical dreams Smile
https://soundcloud.com/user-898236994
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 13 May 2002
Posts: 2257
Location: Port Rowan, Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
PCFREE wrote:
kbrkr wrote:
My one "Gripe" with the Kronos line, is that they gave us 9 Synth engines, but very little dedicated realtime controls to take full advantage. yes you can use the sliders, but I always get confused as to which mode I'm in during a live performance and really can't read crap on stage to find the one that says Sustain. They could of created a dedicated Synth section; ala Nord, with realtime controls for OSC, Cutoff, ADSR, etc. to interact with those 9 synths.

I'm dumbfounded no enterprising midi controller manufacturer has created a midi controller specific to the Kronos with the realtime controls and keybed people have been asking for.


How about a Kronos with the Yamaha Montage “superknob” functionality ? Rolling Eyes




I attached a glowing LED to the vector joystick.

And it changes colors according to the mood of the song plus it calibrates
to BPM

WooHoo Wink


Very interesting, Greg. I'd like to see that.
_________________
Cheers,
Jim (aka EJ2) Karma-Lab Associate Combi Developer


CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
leonh
Full Member


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 196
Location: Hadleigh UK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just guessing here is it possible for Kronos to get gadget incorporated ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
leonh
Full Member


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 196
Location: Hadleigh UK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg gadget
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
19naia
Platinum Member


Joined: 29 Nov 2012
Posts: 1002

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a dream, an interesting new synth keyboard came out.
Not enough details about what it was, other than it was new fare for competition among makes and models.
Odd new shade of the more common keyboard color.
Nothing spectacular about the outside look though.

Must be coming soon. I have seen it inside my crystal eyeball.
While i was dozed off early dawn of Saturday morning.
Could it be the grand blaster of them all? On its way? AlreadY?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
leonh
Full Member


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 196
Location: Hadleigh UK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying what we would like in new workstation how many of us can say that we (I exclude myself ) mastered our Kronos so the workstation itself is hampering our talent and only another much higher specs workstation will make us more creative .
Of course new gear is always welcome I would be inclined to get a new Kronos just because I can nothing more than that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group