Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drawbar Organ Rotary Speaker not working in Upper 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mf_blues

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject: Drawbar Organ Rotary Speaker not working in Upper 2 Reply with quote

This is not a major problem but I noticed this morning that the Drawbar Organ Rotary Speaker buttons do nothing when I select the sound in upper 2, it works fine in upper 1 so I think it's just something in the settings but I haven't got a clue really.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Martin.
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed the same issue as mf_blues. I just assumed it was a design/technical issue. And never works on LWR in split.
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By definition for many years in PaSeries , when you want to copy the complete sound patch with all effects then always browse
SOUND in Upper 1.
In all the rest Upper 2-4 positions , when you change a sound , only SOUND parameters will be transferred , not FX ...
So if you need to create KBD SET with multi-layers , then use as Upper 1 the one that you need its FX parameters , set
manually "Send" values for the rest and also if you have free FX slots , copy and paste FX from other SOUNDs you need.
In my personal as in commercial Setups , I never use SOUND mode so I always create FX routine in KBD SET with all the proper FX.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
mf_blues

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply AS but I'm confused.

I am in style play mode not sound mode so why doesn't the system select the sound fully when selecting sounds in upper 2 etc, that seems a complete oversight on Korgs part if you ask me.

My CVP 509 always selected the sounds fully regardless of what part you were using, if memory serves me well that is.

So I need to apply all the effects again and then save as a sound set, lot of work for something that should be automatic, unless I'm missing the big picture here.

I will have to learn a lot more about this keyboard and how it behaves, but love it none the less.

Cheers

Martin. Laughing Embarassed
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mf_blues wrote:
I am in style play mode not sound mode so why doesn't the system select the sound fully when selecting
sounds in upper 2 etc, that seems a complete oversight on Korgs part if you ask me.

If you ask me as a sound developer , I totally agree with Korg Pa software engineers if you consider the number of available
FX for KBD SET , so if in every chosen SOUND in other "Upper" & "Lower" Slots individual FX were automatically transferred
then the latest sound would always overwrite the previous SOUND FX ... I hope you get the point here !

That you have missed in your "Upper 2" case of organ is that you have to manually adjust "Send" value of Upper 2 sound
to Rotary FX , So replicate FX Send settings of Upper 1 in Upper 2 (via menu/first tab) and FX will work for both Sound slots !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I discovered something interesting.

If you load the factory drawbar organ in both the UP1 and LWR positions (in split mode), even though they may have different slider positions, the leslie effect will operate on both. AND if you mute the UP1 drawbar organ, you can still use the Leslie effect on the LWR.

The practical result is that (if you don’t mind losing a slot in UP1 by muting), you can have a LH leslie organ.
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Drawbars Sounds have by default leslie effect enabled , so this will happen if after Upper 1 Drawbars you select for
Lower also Drawbars , but if you select a non organ at Upper 1 f.e. "Guitar" then you will loose leslie again ...
Also remember that insert effects can sometimes remain unchanged ( this is the way I use Leslie in WavesArt Hammond C3 ).

mf_blues

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say thanks to you Antony, after some messing around and gaining a better understanding of the keyboard I now understand why it works this way.

Like you said the effects are separate to the sounds when part of a keyboard set, so it's more a case of editing a keyboard set to your liking with sounds and effects together then save that to a user location.

If that makes any sense.

Thanks again.

Martin.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mf_blues wrote:
Just wanted to say thanks to you Antony

You're welcome , we're here to help each other ! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: