Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg OASYS PCI SynthKit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Virtual Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silcreval

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Korg OASYS PCI SynthKit Reply with quote

Hi

I have a Korg OASYS PCI and would like to get the old SynthKit if possible. Tried the usual Korg email addresses but no response. Anyone know who to get in touch with.

I use this card extensively and would like to make some mods with the SynthKit. Realise its **old**

I have a full dev environment on my vintage Mac Smile
silcreval

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replying to my own post with a bit more info.

I'm running a OASYS PCI on a Power Mac G4 1.25 MDD 2003, this runs MacOS 9 natively. I have various other cards in the machine for audio and MIDI.

The OASYS works brilliantly, and for me anyway, is somehow much more creative than using modern virtual instruments. Not sure why - but the simple interface, and the ability to combine multiple virtual instruments in a patch is really useful.

The sound quality is also stunning.

I'd like to add a few custom virtual synths - hence my interest in the synthkit. I've had no response to requests though Sad

I've done plenty of virtual synths using JUCE and other systems.
oskarmusician

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: PCI KORG Card and virtual synths../Korg Virtual Analog Synth Reply with quote

Hi! I was expecting this brange of audio & PC Cards more expanding in the future as well. DSP Cards in the slot/interface of PCI X on the motherboard of the particular computer, should have to run as expected much faster & better than any other analogue synths.. I've bought for this reason EMU's M1820 I/O external 1/2'' device plus PCI Card that fitted in the PC slot worked fine, watching with the help of included software everything/(Proteus Synth, Emulator X II, Mixer for many I/Os..) on your computer monitor. Unfortunately this kind of approach creating music do not last for a longer runs. The software was programmed for the Windows XP/Apple's OS?? ..the PCI slot had expired with the introduction of new PCIx specifications & standards. The EMU company quit supporting/(with driver upgrades to Win 7,8,..) their own products. You finally ended with nothing in your hands, despite investing pretty amount of your money expecting a lot to do and prospering on the field of DSP synths, AUDIO recording, composing & other software virtuals. The same, I mean KORG's production do not work in advance of DSP based virtual synths, cos' PC/laptop audio latency, USB/MIDI ports are slow/ faster new USB C ports are rare to find on computers, ..a lot of questions & upgrades, compatibility issues, not to mention new operating systems like various Linuxes/UbuntuStudio where expected KORG don't work.
I consider particular computer music as a challenge to study audio, electronic music, composition...but unfortunately hard to use for live gigs, jam sessions,..Have fine proceeding this way..creating music.
Hi! I'm living on a hardship. As disabled person get even harder to contribute, express, coincide, implement,involve and perform along. Cos tight on a budget=handwriting as well. Serious scientific studies compositions, practice classic guitar daily. Musically conscious in/of the universe relationship/realm..regards O!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Virtual Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: