Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weird program change
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruno777

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:03 am    Post subject: Weird program change Reply with quote

Hello guys, i've recently bought a korg kross 2, and after playing it for a while, i've noticed something weird. Sometimes, when i play very hard or quickly, the program that i'm into, changes to the next one. It happened on combi mode, on program mode, and even on favorites mode. Its very frustrating, it even happened to me playing live.

Why it is happening? how can i solve this problem?
deano7000

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has happened to me too, about 6 months ago. I was playing on a very loud stage at the time and the Program jumped around. At the time I assumed it was because the value knob was being vibrated by the loud stage sound.

However, a couple of days ago, it happened again, just in my quiet room with no vibration.

I have had a separate, but similar-looking problem one other time but that was because I had a strange midi loop going on, and every program change got sent through multiple times.

Did you ever find out more about this?
Bruno777

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, ive never found out what was going on. Today i had the same problem again and didnt find a clue or an answer on the web. Maybe updating the firmware will solve it?
deano7000

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's worth a try I guess Bruno, but I'm running the latest version (1.1.0) and I'm pretty sure I've experienced this problem with that version.

I'm wondering if it might be physical - like the value knob is loose or something? If I could actually deliberately reproduce the problem, I'd raise it with someone at Korg, but I can't force it to happen.

Do you have any other clues about what makes it happen? I've tried pressing firmly on the panel in various places to see if it's a loose surface mount problem or something, but no joy. Is it just when you play hard?

I'm sort of grasping at straws really. I've got some gigs coming up a bit later on this year, and I need the Kross to basically be my master controller, so I'm getting nervous!
lidserter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a connection problem, somewhere there is a bad connection. If you're out of guarantee you may open the unit and disconnect and re seat every connector, especially from the value wheel, or arrow keys, if on guarantee.. i would suggest to contact them
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
deano7000

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks lidserter, that's a good suggestion. I'm usually pretty scared of opening up synths and fiddling with the internals, but I think I'll have to be brave.

I don't actually own the synth, it belongs to the band I'm playing with. But if it's out of warranty I'll definitely open it up to check the connections.
Bruno777

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

today i had the same problem again, but this time the korg went crazier than ever. I managed to record a video :

https://youtu.be/ogRyD04GakQ

I dont know that to do, im out of warranty so i think im gonna try open the keyboard and mess with the conections. Sad
deano7000

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bruno777, I tried to watch your video but got a "video unavailable" message. Do you have security settings tied down or something? I'm very interested to see the video.
Bruno777

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i changed the configuration. try again! thanks
deano7000

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks bad Bruno.

I'm going to talk to a guy this afternoon who works at Korg. (Here in Australia that is). I'll see if there are other people reporting the problem. Not sure how this might help, but we'll see if I can find anything out.
lidserter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are using the Kross alone? Or is there another device connected like another keyboard or pc?
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
Bruno777

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou deano. Lidserter, im using the kross alone.
lidserter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open your keyboard. I learnt from Japanese watches that each screw must be where it were: old Casio backplate got a slightly bigger screw than the other, and guess what? You put that one in the wrong hole and then you have a dancing screw in another place...
So! Get a comfortable space, big table or bed and leave each screw there following the design...
Then be gentle when dealing with the cable connectors, gentle rock them side to side instead of pulling hard from them.
If this doesn't fix the problem, then probably there are a couple of bad switches that need replacement. You can tell if it's the wheel or arrows if you leave the program or combi in an edit page, if it's the wheel it should increase or decrease the value of a single parameter, if it's an arrow it will select different parameters...
deano7000

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bruno, are you able to reproduce this problem all the time? Does it just happen occasionally, or can you always make it happen by doing something in particular, such as when you play hard? Does it depend where on the keyboard you play?
Bruno777

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that the problem is totally random. I cannot reproduce it or make it happen. It doesnt happen every time i play hard, nor every time i play on an specific area of the keyboard. Sad

lidserter wrote:
Open your keyboard. I learnt from Japanese watches that each screw must be where it were: old Casio backplate got a slightly bigger screw than the other, and guess what? You put that one in the wrong hole and then you have a dancing screw in another place...
So! Get a comfortable space, big table or bed and leave each screw there following the design...
Then be gentle when dealing with the cable connectors, gentle rock them side to side instead of pulling hard from them.
If this doesn't fix the problem, then probably there are a couple of bad switches that need replacement. You can tell if it's the wheel or arrows if you leave the program or combi in an edit page, if it's the wheel it should increase or decrease the value of a single parameter, if it's an arrow it will select different parameters...

Ill try that. Thankyou!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: