Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mysterious problem with XLR outputs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LyricalScave

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject: Mysterious problem with XLR outputs Reply with quote

Hi, everyone! Thought (hoped) maybe you can help me tell whether my Korg SP-100 is busted or not.

The thing is, both my XLR outputs give signals SEPARATELY, but when having both connected, only the right output gives signal. Is this a known malfunction? If so, can it easily be fixed?

Thank you for your 2 cents Smile

btw; I have it connected to a Zoom H4n, and trying with a different keyboard i do pick up sound on both channels.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you using XLRs? Are the jack outputs of the SP-100 fully TRS balanced? Are you using psuedo-balanced cables? You haven't got one XLR's wiring incorrectly inverted, or phase-inverted on your mixer, or something?

Alternatively, you could be using a TRS (rather than a TS) jack in Output 1 and it converts it to a stereo output while silencing Output 2, but in your case the cable is terminated via one XLR instead of being split into 2x mono TS jacks on the output. Depends on the unit if it does this, though, I'm unfamiliar with SP-100.

Ultimately I'm unsure why you're referring to XLRs, as synths use line-level which are unbalanced. You could use 2x mono-to-mono 1/4" jack cables to avoid confusion.
slug

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SP100 does not have XLR outputs.
slug

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timo wrote:

Ultimately I'm unsure why you're referring to XLRs, as synths use line-level which are unbalanced.

Even from Korg, the SV1 keyboard has XLR outputs so it is not completely unheard of.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: