Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kross vs Krome, or other alternative?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arthemoon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Kross vs Krome, or other alternative? Reply with quote

Hello,

my triton classic passed away yesterday and I would like to find replacement.

I ve been thinking about korg kross vs korg krome. I need keyboard for - symphonic metal and orchestral/piano songs. So good pianos, strings, pads, choirs etc... I dont need any electric sounds

Can you really feel big "gap" (in sound) between kross or krome?

My budget is 550 euro. I would have to buy krome from ebay or something... not a new one.

Thanks for your opinions
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both. (Kross 1, not 2).

The Krome has a somewhat nicer keybed (neither of them will win any prizes - but they're adequate).

Both have decent pianos, strings and so on. If you want any desktop synths later on, both of them are solid MIDI controllers as well.

If you're playing live, I'd take the Kross for a couple of minor reasons, at the head of which is quick boot time and battery operation. Also, the Kross is more adaptable in some ways. However, if you'll be working in the studio, the Krome would be my choice.

Yes, the Krome has a mildly better sound system, and in the studio you can tell, but lots of serious professionals gig with the Kross and do well. I don't think that you'll be sorry with either one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: