Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triggering RPPR from external midi device

View previous topic :: View next topic  
prgtrdr

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Triggering RPPR from external midi device Reply with quote

I've set up some RPPR patterns on Track 1, midi channel 1. I can trigger these patterns from the Krome keyboard regardless of which track/channel is currently selected. This behavior works as expected.

Then I program a midi foot pedal (Behringer FCB-1010) to transmit Note On events on Channel 1 for the same patterns. But the patterns only trigger when Channel 1 is currently selected on the Krome--if Any other channel is selected it just generates the note's tone.

It appears that Krome always listens for RPPR messages from external midi devices on the current selected track, whereas it responds to the internal keyboard no matter which track is selected. How can I get the RPPR to respond to an external device the same way as it does to the internal keyboard?
byronjeff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure about MIDI, however I wanted the drum track to start immediately when I push the foot switch, it would not start until I played the next chord. I found out you have to change the trigger settings and "write" the setting of that track to save it. Now it triggers immediately like I want it to. This may be true as well for what you are doing.
I hope this helps..
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To do this you'll need to set OMNI on for the Foot Controller to transmit on all midi channels :

1. Go to [Global] setup page, under menu select MIDI

2. In the midi page un-check the box Local Control on
beerbelly46

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: RPPR Triggering via midi Reply with quote

I know this is an old post-but this had me confused for a while too....

You need to ensure that the Foot controller is set to MIDI Channel 01.

-Even though the sound is on a different midi channel it will trigger the RPPR NOTE on midi channel 1.

Hope this helps anyone else trying to solve this problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: