Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connect midi controller to PA900

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjpriyatham

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Connect midi controller to PA900 Reply with quote

Is there a way to connect a midi controller like Korg nanokontrol 2 to P900? I didn't find any forum or manual result on the internet that mentions if it's even not possible.
I tried connecting the midi controller using an OTG converter (into both host and device ports) and it doesn't power up the midi controller.

Jeremiah

----------------------------

Korg Pa3X|Korg Pa900|M-Track Plus

Cubase 8.5 Pro|Sennheiser e935
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pjpriyatham:

Sorry to not answer your question before.-
No you cannot connect nanokontrol 2 or nanopad to pa900 via USB host.-
If you want to connect a keyboard midi controller like maudio and similars you can do it via midi conector.-
Hopping this puts clear on your doubt.-
With regards.
Eduardo
pjpriyatham

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eduardo_Arg,
Thank you

Jeremiah

pjpriyatham

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

I actually found a workaround to using a USB midi controller like Nanokontrol 2 to add extra faders and knobs to PA900. I am using a laptop and a DAW (Cubase) as an interface between my keyboard and the USB midi controller. I am using Cubase because I already have it. But any free VST host must be able to do the same and adds versatility to live performance by adding multiple faders and knobs to the keyboard.

Right now I have only managed to control volumes of each track (Upper 1,2,3, Lower) separately using the faders on the midi controller. I am still trying to figure out how to control independent track controls like cutoff and effects.

For this, I have turned off Local Control in Global MIDI and set both MIDI in and out as my keyboard for four MIDI tracks (all set to Monitor-On) in the DAW. Set MIDI In and Out channels 1, 2, 3, 4 respectively as Upper 1, 2... And assigned the same to address 24-27 in the Generic remote controller setup.

I will update my further findings in the future.

Jeremiah

nibu.bt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject: nanocontrol to control pa900 Reply with quote

Were you able to figure this out completely? Thank you for all that you have done so far.
nibu.bt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject: Found a korg document which details how to do this. Reply with quote

Found a korg document which details how to do this. Hope this helps someone.

https://cdn.korg.com/us/support/download/files/b4492b7ce03ce672220ef5178d521199.pdf?response-content-disposition=inline%3Bfilename%3DPa-Series_External_Controllers.pdf&response-content-type=application%2Fpdf%3B
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: