Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg 01/W fd aftertouch problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NigelB

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Korg 01/W fd aftertouch problem Reply with quote

Hi
I’ve been an owner of a new Korg 01/w fd since about 1996, and I bought a second hand one 3 years ago as a backup. I’ve replaced several broken keys over the years so I am familiar with the joys (?!) of taking the beast apart. However, on the latest occasion, once I’d replaced the broken key and reassembled the keyboard I have now got a problem where if I play a note (any note...not just the newly replaced one), and apply extra key pressure (i.e. aftertouch) the pitch shifts immediately by a tone and locks into that new pitch...causing all subsequent notes played to also be shifted by a tone! If you apply aftertouch again it does nothing...i.e. it doesn’t rectify the problem. The only way of clearing the stuck ‘pitch shift’ is by switching the keyboard off and back on!
I’m guessing I’ve done something to cause this whilst taking the keyboard apart...but I’ve never had this problem on the numerous times I ‘ve carried out a key replacement. Anybody have any ideas/advice please?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it happen if any key is pressed sufficiently to activate aftertouch and with all Programs and Combis? Aftertouch normally doesn't pitch shift by a whole tone, so it might be worth looking at something mechanical, or an electrical connectivity issue. What happens to the aftertouch circuit's output? Does it "latch" after aftertouch pressure? Using a MIDI "sniffer" to look at the MIDI out signals might give some indication of what's going on with aftertouch.
NigelB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem sorted. The pitch bend/mod wheel ribbon connector was not seated properly.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. Thanks for sharing the solution.
NigelB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Voip. I’d sent a response to your initial reply and for some reason it didn’t get posted!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to apologise. The "great" was meant in the best sense. A pity your reply didn't make it. Sometimes Korgforums can be slow, and just seems to hang. The thing to do is just leave that browser window/tab to do its thing, and carry on working in another. It usually gets there in the end. Clicking on the "back" button and resending can lead to multiple postings.

I just took it that, although folks suggestions on here aren't always the ultimate solution, they might, occasionally indirectly trigger the thinking that helps to find the real problem, and that's fantastic.
NigelB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the forum is a good resource. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: