Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turning on Harmony
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve350

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll work on this tomorrow.

Last edited by steve350 on Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok
when i had the pa3x , it work the same as on my old pa800, and now pa1000 an pa4
\
you will get soon.
steve350

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I tried every possible setting and my foot pedal will not respond to the Harmony/Double Level for momentary harmony. It only allows me to turn the harmony on and off.
Is it possible that it requires a special type of foot or damper pedal. Like I said in one of my other posts, I've tried 3 different makes of momentary foot pedals and I can't get it to work. I don't know what else to do.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is two emails in one I'll separate them with a big long ugly line there was two different thoughts at two different times but why throw it away maybe one of them you understand if ice set the correct way I don't always explain things simply.. If it takes two words for some reason I'll say 35 words when it's not needed sorry about that but try this you can download my set up check it out as always..

Backup backup backup this way you'll never lose what you have the set up that I have would only affect your songbook global but if you have songs let the midi files on a USB stick or inside the PA 3X this does not affect any of the.

You say,I am using harmony only in Song Mode. I have many midi backing tracks I am playing .. You could pick a channel that has a lot of chord structure and it to do your harmony and you have to match the channel with your vocal processor, the factory setting is channel 5 so you could use track five to read the cords right from the midi file but if track five is just a base or a flute it won't get good cord reading it would have to be a guitar or piano track. But if you just want to play vocal harmonies with your hands then you need to change a few settings in their you should be able to pick notes.

Your vocal processor preset that's called notes you would need to edit (( and save it in a new empty spot somewhere that you always make a backup first of everything ))) and make it look like this..
Only change these parameters or settings (on the harmony page )leave everything else alone.

Type - notes

Set - Plain Notes

Style Play Control - Full

Song Play Control - Full

+++++++++++++++
with just changing this you should be able to play a full keyboard and saying in the sequencer mode what ever notes you play.

In this set up that you can download my PA3x I could play harmony in the sequence mode (without it being set up without changing any numbers just factory stuff) and also in the MP3 mode..
I also had the global set correctly,,, for a momentary foot switch. Which you have and should work perfectly with my set up...

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

This would be one of the setups that I use that has under global the right settings. You can back your machine up and then load my set up in and then the foot pedal should work.
I have in the vocal harmony settings one item called.. Play notes. This setting I would use when I wanted to play harmony with my left hand on a sequencer that did not have enough information to make a good cord, so I would play the harmony I wanted with my left hand. You can do the same thing now

Next
the pa3x is set up to read channel 5 for harmony so harmony will read track five annual vocal processor needs to be set to one of these factory settings.

NOTES

NATURAL NOTES  > THICK NOTES  ? NOTES MALE  @ NOTES FEMALE  A NOTES HEAVEN

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ldywl5g9lp9serd/Pa3xFoot.SET.rar/file
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look at the video and look at the ,, global controllers page calibration ... may you need to do this.. it at time line 5:20 or so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE87BZTf-pE&app=desktop
steve350

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all of your help. I tried all those settings but it did not help in making my pedal momentary.

However the strangest thing happened. When I was in the Global Settings, Voice Processor Preset my pedal worked in momentary mode. I did not touch any of the settings. I pressed my pedal and the Harmony Button turned Green turning the Harmony ON. When I released my pedal the Harmony turned Off.

I tried it a couple of more times and it went back to the Latch mode as before.

That kind of tells me there it has something to do with the pedal but I don't know what.
steve350

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also used a regular 1/4" plug with bare wires at the ends. When I touch the two together the Harmony Light stays on, when I touch them again the Harmony Light goes off.
When I change the Controller setting to Harmony/Double Level and touch the 2 wires, the Harmony Light does NOT turn on. Even one side to ground and it does not turn on. So at this point that Harmony/Double Level setting does nothing on my keyboard which makes no sense.
steve350

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went as far as ordering a Korg PS-1 Momentary Foot Pedal. I got it today and it still does not give me Momentary Harmony. I am convinced you can not do this function on the Pa3x. Maybe the other keyboards but not this model.
Thanks for all of your help.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be nice if someone here who has a pa3x to test this for you , as you see is it east to change the setting , I do not remember the controller setting Harmony / Double level setting ... I remember just Harmony Level by it self , not both.. , just like the video this work on all of my korg .. and it started with the pa80 ,pa800,pa3x,pa4,and now pa1000...
so I hope someone here would test it for you ...
until then enjoy the keyboard .
Smile
steve350

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help. I can't believe the Korg programmers did not include a momentary option for assigning foot pedals, only a LATCH. Especially when a Vocal Harmonizer is including with the keyboard. Just dumb.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on page 238 ,239, pa3x in the advanced edit manual ..
it does say press to activate and press a second time to deactivate.....
and i see now were you got the ( mic harmony/double level ) i did not remember this..
maybe just maybe , try this
.. use a volume pedal,,, and set it to ( mike harmony level ) and just run a style play mode ( knot song mode ) .. start the music and play some chords and work the volume pedal and see if the volume pedal works.... as you know you must have a style playing for this test to work ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: