Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

change pitch no tempo on human voice audio file

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thepoliskey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: change pitch no tempo on human voice audio file Reply with quote

Hi,

I had some job with video editing and one of my customers wants the audio file (which is speech recording) to modify that voice. I was thinking to use kronos as a such modifier, but the very first problem is while channging tone, I change the tempo as well.
Is there any way to do it the right way?
Please advice

Mike
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: change pitch no tempo on human voice audio file Reply with quote

Thepoliskey wrote:
Hi,

I had some job with video editing and one of my customers wants the audio file (which is speech recording) to modify that voice. I was thinking to use kronos as a such modifier, but the very first problem is while channging tone, I change the tempo as well.
Is there any way to do it the right way?
Please advice

Mike

Time stretch -i think is the right edit feature to use. I know the type of changes you are looking for are not Kronos’ strong point, but kronos does have time stretch feature.
I have never used it -so pardon me if i am mistaken about what it can do, or that i don’t have enough details about what to do to get it working for you.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this you will instead a software/freeware which allows pitch correction such as WaveLab, etc.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 747 parameter guide.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time Stretch
Time Stretch lengthens or shortens a sample without changing its pitch. This is convenient when you wish to change the tempo of a rhythm loop (drums) or a melodic sample (e.g., vocal, strings, winds) to match the tempo of another sample or of the sequencer. The KRONOS provides two ways in which Time Stretch can be executed.
This command also supports stereo samples.
Sustaining
This type is suitable for sustained sounds such as vocal or instruments. Using it to change the tempo of phrases such as guitar or piano will also produce good results.
Slice
This type is suitable for decay-type instruments such as drums. Using it to change the tempo of drum or percussion loops will produce good results with minimal effect on the attack.
Note: It is possible to change the pitch when you adjust the tempo of a rhythm loop or similar sample, using the Detune BPM Adjust menu command. You can create interesting effects by raising or lowering the pitch of a drum sound. For more information, see “Detune BPM Adjust” on page 508.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seems i was looking at Time stretch backwards. It says that it is used to change the length of an audio sample without changing its pitch.
Whereas, you want to change the pitch without chamging the length or tempo.

“Page 751 parameter guide talks about Pitch BPM adjust”, but again i am not sure if that can apply towards working out what you are trying to do.

Changing audio pitch is not a strong point in Kronos. Kronos has a lot going for an audio tracked sequencer, but not everything possible.

I have no idea what system could do what you need and I’m not even sure if it is possible.
Sorry of i spent a lot of time getting nowhere. At least i learned something.
Thepoliskey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx for quick reply.
I have a software to do it, but hoped with Kronos I will be able to do much more interesting results by more convenient way. I'm not experienced user of Kronos but it's really hard to believe that such a powerful device cannot do this (relatively easy).
Anyway thank you.
If anyone has other ideas feel free to continue this topic, I will gladly learn something new to future issues.
AdamBurgess1337

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great that you're looking for ways to modify the speech recording without changing the tempo. One option you could consider is using a pitch shifter plugin in your video editing software. This will allow you to modify the pitch without changing the tempo. Another option could be to use a software specifically designed for audio manipulation. Additionally, you could try using a tool like movavi.com to create a visual representation of the audio that you can then modify. This could help you get a better sense of the audio's structure and how to modify it in a way that preserves the tempo.
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pitch Shift is FX that you looking for. Could be use in real time as well. I use it to make a special voice. It could modify the pitch and keep the tempo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: