Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Realistic Grand Piano sample

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dreamweaver0885

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Realistic Grand Piano sample Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I'm a Triton newbie so I apologize for asking a pretty simple question.

I am in need of a nice grand piano sound. Yes, I have the EXB PCM 08 expansion board concert grand piano but it sounds so cheap compared to even a boring Yamaha keyboard that a teen would play. I love all the other sounds though!

I have looked at sites like this to get AKAI S1000 samples.

http://www.platinumaudiolab.com/sample_libraries.php?type=order_essential_pianos_universal&format=Triton/Trinity

Once I order this, how do I go about transferring this to my keyboard and keep it saved in a bank like E Bank. Step by step instructions will help me a lot. I've read the manual and parameter but am so confused etc... Perhaps the CD would come with instructions?

With only the Triton ProX keyboard and a computer, how would I go about getting these two to communicate and get the sample on board the keyboard? Thank you soo soo soo much!!!
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. The Triton ProX does not have sufficient RAM for loading large samples. You will probably need to add more. I'd contact the seller and ask about the actual file sizes of the piano samples you wish to purchase.

2. You cannot save samples with the original Korg Triton series. Its internal sample memory is volatile, so you need to reload samples every time you turn on the keyboard. This is extremely tedious and very time consuming. Therefore:

If you really need better piano sounds, you may want to consider purchasing a newer keyboard.
blazerunner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought the piano's sounded pretty good if 08 isn't to your flavor than the Triton isn't the right keyboard for the job. THat's pretty much as good as it's going to get for the Triton.
dreamweaver0885

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the advice guys. Even though my post is literally 4 months late! I'll go get a new keyboard then haha!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: