Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A 8-pole, 48db/oct, filter in the Kronos : its possible !!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: A 8-pole, 48db/oct, filter in the Kronos : its possible !! Reply with quote

Hello,

I just had an idea (I haven't yet tested it). Very few synths have a 48db/oct filter (to be honnest, I'm not sure it would be very usefull !! But it could be fun !) : the Arturia Matrixbrute has one, and of course some modulars.
I suppose it could be possible on the Kronos to simulate a 48 db/oct filter and I suggest you to try and verify that (it has perhaps already been done ?) with AL-1 engine.

1°) Create a first Prog with a 24db filter and no effect. (whatever waveforms you want). In the Routing page, don't route toward IFX or LR but toward one of the 4 individual outputs.

2°) Create a second prog. On the mixer page, set OSC 1 and OSC 2 levels to 0. Set Sub OSC/Audio Input Mode to “Audio Input”. Set External Audio to “Input 1”. Set filter to 24db.

3°) Plug a Jack wire from Individual Output 1 to Audio Input 1

4°) Create a new Combi with the two previous Prog. The first one doesn’t have to be directly heard, so its input level on the Combi must set at 0. The second Prog is the only one to be heard. Doing that, the initial signal comes from Prog 1 through a first 24 db/oct filter then into the second Prog through Audio input and then through a second 24 db/oct filter. So it’s a 48 db/oct filter !

I’m curious to know if some have already done this test ?
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a try yesterday and have to make some correction :

1°) Create a first Prog with a 24db filter and no effect. (whatever waveforms you want). (In the Routing page, don't route toward IFX or LR but toward one of the 4 individual outputs). No routing has to be done here, because it will be done in Combi mode.

2°) Create a second prog. On the mixer page, set OSC 1 and OSC 2 levels to 0. Set Sub OSC/Audio Input Mode to “Audio Input”. Set External Audio to “Input 1”. Set filter to 24db.

3°) Plug a Jack wire from Individual Output 1 to Audio Input 1

4°) Create a new Combi with the two previous Prog. The first one doesn’t have to be directly heard, (so its input level on the Combi must set at 0). No, if input level is set to 0, the signal won't enter in second PRG.
In "Audio In/SAmpling" page, set "Bus Select" of Input 1 to L/R or an IFX entry. Set Level of Input 1 to 0.
In "IFX. Routing 1" page, set the Bus select corresponding to PRG 1 to "1" (Individual output 1)

5°) In order to move the cutoff setting of the two PRG at once, you can attrib the same AMS source to the both.

------------------------

What I noticed immediately is a sound boost thanks to the Analog Input tuning.
Otherwise, I think this method has to be improved !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: