Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi clock sync between Kronos and Prologue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Midi clock sync between Kronos and Prologue Reply with quote

Trying to figure out how to get the clocks to sync while keeping the sounds of the Kronos and Prologue independent of each other? I want Kronos to control the BPM of the Prologue without affecting the sounds.

I connected the Kronos midi out to Prologue midi in. Kronos keyboard is playing the Prologue? I want each keyboard to still do its own thing and only have the clocks sync so the BPM’s match between the two devices.

Any advice is appreciated.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So for sync you just need to switch prologue clock from internal to midi in. To avoid keyborad of kronos to play prologue sound you have two options, either you go to midi filter settings of kronos and choose not to transmit keyboard via midi, or midi filter of prologue not to receive note information. Please refer to actual manuals for more precise information, I did it connecting prologue to sub37 a couple of months ago, all the settings I made exclusively on prologue but do not remember the details.
keycas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for your response.

I haven't found where to choose "not to transmit keyboard via midi" in Kronos? Also, tried the suggestion on the Prologue end to not receive note information but doesn't appear to work?
Has anyone found an easy way to "not transmit keyboard via midi" from the Kronos? Doesn't appear straightforward on the Kronos Global midi options?
NickZoll

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t have kronos so forget my previous advice. The easy way is to make different midi channels, lets say kronos is on midi channel 1 qnd prologue is 2
keycas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, changing to different midi channel works! That solves it...awesome. Thanks for all your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: