Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The tuning issues need a fix - and communication from Korg!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Status update:

After half a year of defening silence, a user from the UK finally got a support message with the following content:
“Our engineers have identified the source of the issue and are currently testing a proposed resolution. Until the various procedure have been completed, we are unable to comment any further at this moment in time.”

As registered Prologue user, I didn't get any notification of that kind. And the Korg news page, where this news would definitely belong, if Korg Japan had any little bit of respect for Prologue owners with the heavy issue, does not mention anything about that either.

But at least it's the first good news concerning the heavy mistuning issue since half a year, whatever that means concerning possible solutions and the time that it will take again.
Kronos 73 - Moog Voyager RME - Moog LP TE - Behringer Model D - Prophet 6 - had tro send back two new Korg Prologues with the same tuning issues - Rhodes 73 Mk I - Elektron Analog Rytm MkII - Cubase Pro 9.5
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanhwile I had several talks with resellers, and a futile last effort asking local support, ending in a dead end. All I heard and experienced was far from encouraging. I have had no hint whatsoever, that a fast solution for the Prologue problem might be imminent.

So I just packaged my second Prologue within weeks for return.
And before it became a return unit, with full money back, my reseller has checked a third new unit as potential replacement: it had the same tuning issue. Besides other units, which I have checked elsewhere meanwhile, I alone have met 6 faulty Prologues with the tuning issue so far - while I have not been able to get my hands on at least one single well working unit in person.

I am no Korg beta tester for faulty units, after paying 1700€. So my enthusiasm for the Prologue will take a deep breath at this point. And while I'm at it, I obviously have to reconsider my whole years long faithful Korg relation (resulting from much better Korg experiences). Times are changing, and if companies change to worse, and are no longer willing to deliver what I paid for, adding absolutely impertinent months long silence towards customers on top of bad quality control, my money ways will be changing just as fast, and not just for one buy: simple as that. Smile

Customer trust has to be earned and confirmed, not treated with utter carelessness and contempt: that's simply no business model which can work out well.
Kronos 73 - Moog Voyager RME - Moog LP TE - Behringer Model D - Prophet 6 - had tro send back two new Korg Prologues with the same tuning issues - Rhodes 73 Mk I - Elektron Analog Rytm MkII - Cubase Pro 9.5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: