Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Imported Multisample Pitch Issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanLong124

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:52 am    Post subject: Imported Multisample Pitch Issues Reply with quote

Has anyone noticed that sometimes samples will change pitch? Example, on Pink Floyd's Money, I have 3 samples setup in a multisample. The cash register sound, then the "money" loop, and then the vocal/talking outtro.

I've heard the 1st sample waver in pitch, and twice now the looped sample is higher pitched and runs faster than it should. I was able to replicate this again tonight. I checked the pitch/note on the sample, it was right. When I exited the sample edit screen, without saving anything, it went back to normal. This is worrisome because the band is relying on that sample for tempo.

I've also had other samples have pitch problems, with the pitch wavering. It seems to be on samples that start the song, so maybe it's still loading and there is some kind of cpu load causing it?

Sorry for all the questions the last week- just trying to sort this board out and get it into my rig. I have all the combi's and stuff programmed to do our show this Saturday, the band loves how it sounds and I can't wait to get it on stage. We're doing a good sized outdoor amphitheater in PA.
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rely on hundreds of megabytes of custom samples supporting 3 bands and have never seen this. Sad
DanLong124

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillW wrote:
I rely on hundreds of megabytes of custom samples supporting 3 bands and have never seen this. Sad

It isn't consistent, only in that its happened 2x with the same samples. We'll see how it goes tonight at rehearsal.
DanLong124

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted to follow up and let everyone know I figured this out- operator error! Yesterday during sound check the Money sample was pitched up and fast again. I realized that while I'm holding that key down (sample is assigned to the lowest Bb) my pinkie was inadvertently touching the ribbon strip, which caused the pitch to raise. I'm going to go in and edit that today so the ribbon is not used. Phew!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: