Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New keyboard in sight (PA4X Le) ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike888

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: New keyboard in sight (PA4X Le) ? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if Korg will ever release a successor to PA3X Le (PA4X Le for example)?

Thx ! Wink
alfredokiwi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pa3XLe is a cut down version of Pa4X without the hardware TC-Helicon and the 9 MIDI faders meaning that a Pa4XLe version has no sense. All Pa versions from entry level Pa600/700 to flagship Pa4X use the same mainboard/DSP processor in other words the Pa600/700 with an external TC-Helicon Voicelive or Digitech Vocalist would be run similar in features as the Pa4X.

Anyone decides what version to buy. From my point of view the single core ARM CPU/DSP in newest Pa series is to weak to run all the features properly the reason why in Pa4X a lot of features from former Pa3x are removed.

www.facebook.com/alfredokiwi

www.alfredoblogspage.blogspot.com.ar

Last edited by alfredokiwi on Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
mike888

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, my question implied "will Korg release one day a PA1000 with 76 notes" ? Wink
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa3xle as far as i have seen hadn't made huge sales so i doubt there will be a 4x le (or 1000 76 keys its the same)..
Also pa3xle is a cut down version of pa3x and not pa4x and is in par with pa900 (too little differences in software amd sound)

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
alfredokiwi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:
Pa3xle as far as i have seen hadn't made huge sales so i doubt there will be a 4x le (or 1000 76 keys its the same)..
Also pa3xle is a cut down version of pa3x and not pa4x and is in par with pa900 (too little differences in software amd sound)

The truth is that Pa3XLe design came from newest Pa4X because the mainboard is the same.

The Pa900 is also a cut down version from Pa4X same mainboard but with speakers. Pa1000/Pa700 use same processor & mainboard as Pa900/Pa600/Pa3XLe/Pa4X all the same inside.

The former Pa3X use the former Korg EDS chip sound engine from M3, M50, Pa500, Krome.... it has nothing in common with the newest Pa3XLe engine (it should be renamed Pa4XLe).

I hear only justifications about the high priced Pa4X. The lack of features on Pa4X from former Pa3X is caused by the cheap single core processor DM3725 which is to slow to run all the features.

Fortunately I pay only 1500 for the Pa3XLe (summer discount of 1000) an arranger with the same engine as the Pa4X. For a tablet single core ARM+DSP processor the Pa4X at 4500 dollars is not a bargain.

musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@alfredokiwi i m not going to argue with you anymore...I see you don't wanna learn anything so there is no point.

It is enough to look at the release dates and features to see that 3xle is a cut down version of the 3x (i m sure no user cares about what is inside)..
If it was cut down pa4x it would load pa4x sets, had insert efx and the efx the 4x has ,kaoss pad (even the 700 has it) and many more new to pa4x features...
It like you are telling us that pa2x/pa500/pa800/m50/m3 and many more are cut down versions of pa3x because they have the same cpu/dsp combination...

This way mac and pc are the same (the one cut down version of the other) because they run on the same hardware and that windows xp are a cut down version of windows 7 because they also can run on the same hardware... lol

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
alfredokiwi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:
@alfredokiwi i m not going to argue with you anymore...I see you don't wanna learn anything so there is no point.

It is enough to look at the release dates and features to see that 3xle is a cut down version of the 3x (i m sure no user cares about what is inside)..
If it was cut down pa4x it would load pa4x sets, had insert efx and the efx the 4x has ,kaoss pad (even the 700 has it) and many more new to pa4x features...
It like you are telling us that pa2x/pa500/pa800/m50/m3 and many more are cut down versions of pa3x because they have the same cpu/dsp combination...

This way mac and pc are the same (the one cut down version of the other) because they run on the same hardware and that windows xp are a cut down version of windows 7 because they also can run on the same hardware... lol

I repeat again the mainboard in Pa3XLe is the same as in Pa4X. A cut down version of former Pa3X is the Pa4X with less features. The Pa4X specs are a lie because the single core ARM CPU/DSP can´t handle properly all the promised features.

Summarizing Pa3XLe should be renamed Pa4XLe because use the same mainboard as Pa4X.

mike888

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:

It would be a shame that I buy the PA1000 now and a version 76 keys (PA4X Le) is sold a few months later ... Confused
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfredokiwi wrote:
musiccankill wrote:

I repeat again the mainboard in Pa3XLe is the same as in Pa4X. A cut down version of former Pa3X is the Pa4X with less features. The Pa4X specs are a lie because the single core ARM CPU/DSP can´t handle properly all the promised features.

Summarizing Pa3XLe should be renamed Pa4XLe because use the same mainboard as Pa4X.

Ok whatever...

musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike888 wrote:
musiccankill wrote:

It would be a shame that I buy the PA1000 now and a version 76 keys (PA4X Le) is sold a few months later ... Confused

Well we never know what will happen in the future..
For now there is nothing that hints a pa1000 76..
We will see what future will bring!
I am very happy with pa4x and pa700 for now!
Also pa4x price has fallen lately (at least in Europe) so if you need an 76keys version you should go with 4x 76..The only advantage of 1000 imho is the weight (it weights less) and that it has speakers so you can practice without setting up a whole room of equipment or being restricted to headphones...!

Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps that lower price is as good an indicator as anything that something's about to appear before too long.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giner wrote:
Perhaps that lower price is as good an indicator as anything that something's about to appear before too long.

You think they are preparing something?!
I m not that sure...The bugs on current models aren't even close to get fixed by current update so we are waiting for a great (at least almost bug free) update first in my opinion!

Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I don't have a crystal ball, but dropping the price on a current model has been done before now by Korg, and other manufacturers. So it may be a reasonable assumption. Plus, if Korg sticks to their four-year cycle, then the new baby would be due next year. It's only a few months away.
alfredokiwi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here a demo from Luke Edwards about the Pa3xLe showing the same quality audio specs as its flagship father the Pa4X because the mainboard & processor is the same on both synths.

Same audio quality same user interface as the flagship Pa4X the only missing features are the 9 MIDI faders and hardware TC-Helicon engine. The Pa3XLe should be renamed Pa4XLe.

musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG ...
Just OMG...
I believe an admin/moderator should look at what is written and take action for misinformation that are being written as facts here repeatedly by a user.
It is ok for somebody to make mistakes but he/she should learn from them and not repeat them or get stuck on one thing (which is not even correct too)...
I m not going to reply to this (hardware misinformation thing) anymore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: