Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kross Audio Interface

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alonsoramos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Korg Kross Audio Interface Reply with quote

Hi all.

I want to buy a Kross 88 for live performances using it as a midi controler for Mainstage 3 and also as an audio interface.

My question is, how feasible is that? Has anyone of you work in a similar way? latency issues?

I was planning to get a korg M3 with the EXB-FW for the same purpose but i have read a lot of complaints about the latency.

I think this new Kross would what I'm looking for.

Also, there is no way for me to try this as in my town no musical stores has keyboards like that.

Thanks for all your help

P.S. I use a Nice MacbookPro and an Audio interface,but I want to carry less things, that's why.
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your brief description of what you want to do does sound quite feasible. It's a good MIDI controller, and you can use it for affecting an audio stream as well (famously, it does vocoder, but that's not all it does).

Can you describe your intention in more detail?
alonsoramos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koekepan wrote:
Your brief description of what you want to do does sound quite feasible. It's a good MIDI controller, and you can use it for affecting an audio stream as well (famously, it does vocoder, but that's not all it does).

Can you describe your intention in more detail?

Thanks Koekepan for your answer.

I want to use Kross as a midi controller and audio interface. I will conect the Kross to my laptop using USB in order to control my set in mainstage (Korg legacy, kontak, etc) and use the Kross outputs as an audio interface. I want to hear the sounds from my laptop thru the ouputs of the Kross.

I hope i was clearer now, I'm not a native English speaker.
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kross will definitely be a solid MIDI controller, but I don't believe that the Kross will send MIDI over USB. (I have a Kross 1, not a Kross 2, so it's possible the Kross 2 will do this, but I doubt it.)
alonsoramos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's one of the new features of the Kross 2. It is also present in the Kronos, but I want to know if there are any latency issues.
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I should have edited that.

The Kross will absolutely send MIDI over USB. I'm not sure that it will send audio over USB. In other words, good MIDI controller (and no latency issues of which I'm aware) but I'm not sure whether it's a good audio interface.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: