Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help with KSC file and unavailable sample data error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetrocker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject: Need help with KSC file and unavailable sample data error Reply with quote

I'm no genius when it comes to the Kronos file system and samples for sure, so I need some baby-style help on this issue if anyone can please shed some light. I loaded in some wav's, made them into multisamples and then converted them to programs. The programs work fine, but I've been getting an error on start up "Auto Load Error The following KSC files refer to unavailable sample data: 20180706 mmg styx_UserBank.KSC

I looked at the programs that use this MS data and found that each calls for one MS, so a total of two MS's, one each program. Then I looked at the KSC file in Notepad and saw that there were those two listed, plus about 6 more which look like various MS filenames I created when I was trying to make the wav's into MS files originally. SO, per instructions I read up on here in another thread, I edited the KSC file and deleted all the lines that didn't refer to the MS needed in the two programs and kept the two lines that refer to the MS's in the two programs only. After the edit, I deleted the original file and copied and pasted the revised file into the Kronos and restarted it. I still get the same error message....

I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. Thx, Mark
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a few different things. Do the programs work fine / do you hear what you intended when you created the MSs ?

Or when you select one of your new programs, do you see a message saying Samples not loaded ? If so, this discussion here might help you out.

IIRC, there are also certain lines you can't delete in the KSC UserBank file. With more details, I might be able to help you further.
jetrocker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK - Yes, the programs work fine and yes I do hear what's intended. The only lines I deleted in the KSC userbank file are those that called out MS's that I can see are not listed in the programs. Thx for any help!
jetrocker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I removed the _userband.KSC from the autoload and rebooted the keyboard. This time I got no error messages *and* the programs are playing fine using the multisamples I created. Huh? Why do I need the userbank.ksc file? I will say that the multisample I've created and use is just a 10 sec wav file that I have triggered to just one key in my program. Does that make a difference? I hope someone on the forum can give me a bit of feedback on this. Thx. Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: