Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi controller

View previous topic :: View next topic  
minimaltommy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Midi controller Reply with quote

Hi, I've built a custom CV keyboard controller and would like to use to control the Korg Prologue polyphonic 16 voice synth; is this possible?

If there is no way to control it via CV can I just use a CV to MIDI converter, and then plug the output into the synth's midi in, and then control the synth with my custom keyboard rather than by the synth's own keyboard?

Thanks in advance
NickZoll

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, for several reasons. First there is cv (expression pedal) input on prologue but no trigger input. Second is you would not be able play polyphony cause controller vould give just one cv which does not make sense.
slug

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can send control to Prologue via MIDI only, it has no CV.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does have cv, it is expression pedal input, exp pedal works exactly through transmitting cv, you can connect any othe cv transmitting device into the input but as i said to control it via cv trigger input is required
slug

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZoll wrote:
It does have cv, it is expression pedal input, exp pedal works exactly through transmitting cv, you can connect any othe cv transmitting device into the input but as i said to control it via cv trigger input is required

The OP is talking of a custom CV keyboard that they want to control the Prologue with, not an expression pedal which is already an option as stated in the manual.
number6uk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minimaltommy, I have never tried this but in theory you should be able to put the CV from the keyboard in on the expression pedal input, then use button 4 on the setup screen on the Prologue to set the E.Pedal to modify whichever parameter you want, I guess either pitch of VCO1 or VCO2. The only down side to this it you can only send one pitch value and you have no gate to trigger it with apart form the Prologue keyboard which seems a bit pointless.

Korg Kronos 2 88, Prologue 16, Minilogue PG, Trinity Plus/SCSI/PBS, Moog Mother 32, DFAM and Subsequent 37 owner.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what i am trying to say, you can send CV pitch information but not adsr trigger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: