Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eletric Piano on the PA1000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Eletric Piano on the PA1000 Reply with quote

More and more I find that playing the electric piano on the PA1000 though the keybed is far removed from an actually weighed piano keybed, is quite rewarding. Also the electric piano sounds can be quite good, provided you do some tweaking and layering. Below a link to a recording I did this week of
Miss You Nights( Cliff Richard), bear in mind that I am not a piano player and as mentioned I am using the PA1000 both as a sound source and as keybed...

regards,
John

https://app.box.com/s/9jq7mg5uachxw058p4yg9yret5tr5yq9
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even on my lowly 700 the sounds are pretty good (apart for electric guitars which leave a bit to be desired) and the pianos are indeed OK to my old ears.

There is a thread with a link for additional Piano sounds whoch are even better than standard.

Neat rendition of Sir Cliff’s song btw
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Biggles.
( Cliff Richard is doing a great tour the next few weeks to celebrate his 60 years in business, and his Manchester concert on October 12th will be broadcast live in 700 UK cinemas and hundreds of cinemas abroad ,including here in Holland).

Sorry about that but I had to get it off my chest Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I am well aware of the piano samples doing the rounds ( by Reuben) and have used them for months and even intergrated them with his permission in my JS Resources for the PA1000. Nevertheless thank you for pointing this out.

The piano track played here by me uses all three uppers with one factory EP, one sampled EP ( I believe one of Reuben's and an old sample of a Roland D50 bellpad sound).

As to proper piano sounds and samples the discussion can be endless as there is so much variety and there are so many tastes. Personally I still prefer the piano sound of my very old Yamaha P80 stage piano which only harbours a total sample memory of 13 Mb (no Gigas !!!). Of course the keybed and "touche "has a lot to do it as well )
Here is a link to a recording I made last year with aforesaid piano:
https://app.box.com/s/eo2yxqmq4jpfw4fqyqoevl1z9mcg34hk

regards,
John
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manchester concert aaaahhh

The problems that caused me, I have priority booking with the venue and get the chance to buy tickets from 10:00 two days before tickets are released for general sale.

Precisely at 10:00 I rang, only to take 90 minutes before I got through, I got my seats but only just.

The problem being I was ringing up for priority seats at another concert (Runrig) and as it happens Sir Cliffs concert tickets general sales also started a the same time.

I have not or will not go and see a CR concert, he is not my scene but he does have a very loyal fan base
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's the editing and tweaking that's missed out as is the Eq settings which can make a difference. It's a shame there isn't more teaching or tutorials besides the manual and video manual on tweaking the styles, sounds and as John say layering the sounds. On the other side (shh Yamaha) there is lots of resources, tutorials etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: