Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

microKorg octave shift in software sound editor?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bad_filename

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject: microKorg octave shift in software sound editor? Reply with quote

Hello, friends! I'm about a week into playing around with my first ever synth which is a microKorg, so I know next to nothing! Have a question about the sound editor - is there a setting for the default octave shift on a program? I haven't been able to find one.

I had one program where somehow I adjusted the octave shift directly on the microKorg and wrote it, and then got it to save correctly to the program in the sound editor on my laptop. Seemed easy enough. Then I tried to do the same with another program and can't get it to stick. For some reason every time I attempt to save the program in the sound editor, then assign it to a program bank it always changes the octave shift to -2 when I'm trying to get it to default to -3.

I've tried deleting the program I had saved, writing the changes on the microKorg, then rescanning the MIDI interface and re-saving the settings but still having the same issue.

Thanks ahead for any insight you guys can provide.
bad_filename

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Got it Reply with quote

Fixed the issue. I think having a program assigned to the bank was screwing things up. I closed the sound editor so it wasn't connected. Then, set the program how I wanted it with the appropriate octave shift. Opened the editor so it read the current data, renamed it and saved it. Good to go.
bad_filename

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject: Also Reply with quote

Reset the program bank to defaults before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: