Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Karma - Combi mode Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joao275

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Kronos Karma - Combi mode Question Reply with quote

I want to create a Combi where i have two sounds layered but i would like to have an arpeggio from Karma in only one of the two layered sounds. Is that possible? Thanks
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. timbre parameters page has midi settings for each timbre/track.
You set the non-Karma parts of the layer to Global/Gch channel and the other part to a different channel.
Then you go to Karma GE setup page and look at the Midi I/O(Input/Output) section to set up the midi channel for Karma to output from. It should be output on the midi channel of the timbre you want Karma to drive.

After that, you can select whatever GE setup to arp as you need.

Karma midi I/O section has channel settings for In and channel setting for Out. “In” should be Gch to allow internal program to go in and then “Out” should be whatever other channel you have specially selected to be driven by Karma. All timbres set to that Karma output channel, will be driven by Karma and that is why you select a special channel isolated from the channels of other timbers.
Kronos Karma has four modules allowing four GE’s at a time and that comes with four Karma midi channels all at one time. 16 midi channels to choose from, four your four Karma output channels.
So you can have up to four different timbres/tracks, each with their own isolated Karma part playing independent of the other, playing whatever independent karma part you setup in “GE setup” page for them.
Joao275

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19naia wrote:
You set the non-Karma parts of the layer to Global/Gch channel and the other part to a different channel.
Then you go to Karma GE setup page and look at the Midi I/O(Input/Output) section to set up the midi channel for Karma to output from. It should be output on the midi channel of the timbre you want Karma to drive.

After that, you can select whatever GE setup to arp as you need.

Karma midi I/O section has channel settings for In and channel setting for Out. “In” should be Gch to allow internal program to go in and then “Out” should be whatever other channel you have specially selected to be driven by Karma. All timbres set to that Karma output channel, will be driven by Karma and that is why you select a special channel isolated from the channels of other timbers.
Kronos Karma has four modules allowing four GE’s at a time and that comes with four Karma midi channels all at one time. 16 midi channels to choose from, four your four Karma output channels.
So you can have up to four different timbres/tracks, each with their own isolated Karma part playing independent of the other, playing whatever independent karma part you setup in “GE setup” page for them.

Thanks a lot. I thought that only the sounds on global channel will be audible. So if i set a Karma module to a midi channel different from the global channel, i will hear that sound, right?
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joao275 wrote:
19naia wrote:

Karma midi I/O section has channel settings for In and channel setting for out.

Thanks a lot. I thought that only the sounds on global channel will be audible. So if i set a Karma module to a midi channel different from the global channel, i will hear that sound, right?

Yes you will hear the sound on any channel if you set it up properly via Karma midi I/O.
So, normally only global channel makes audible programs, but Karma is a midi wizard for getting things bypassed or routed otherwise.
Karma has its way of taking the timbre global channel In and routing it Out on any other channel you can select for “Output” and it will be audible like regular global channel.
As long as you set it up right, it will work.
Joao275

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19naia wrote:
Joao275 wrote:
19naia wrote:

Karma midi I/O section has channel settings for In and channel setting for out.

Yes you will hear the sound on any channel if you set it up properly via Karma midi I/O.
So, normally only global channel makes audible programs, but Karma is a midi wizard for getting things bypassed or routed otherwise.
Karma has its way of taking the timbre global channel In and routing it Out on any other channel you can select for “Output” and it will be audible like regular global channel.
As long as you set it up right, it will work.

Thanks a lot. It worked. I didn't know that karma makes any sound audible in any midi channel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: