Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swapping Programs Within a Combi?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanLong124

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Swapping Programs Within a Combi? Reply with quote

Does anyone know how you can move programs around inside a combi? I want to move something from one channel to another without having to reset every parameted like pitch, output, IFX, etc. A simple cut it from this channel and paste it to another. Is this possible?
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a nice feature to have.
I guess that is possible in many computer based DAW suites?

Copy from program seems to be the closest thing to that, but still not the same.
But which timbre a program resides, really does not affect the work since all 16 available midi tracks fit on one screen and the midi channel setting lets them route any way you need. Same with Effects and Karma routing.

Everything right in one view and routable even though timbre settings may not easily copy from one to the other.
But it would really be convenient in projects where duplicates or triplicates of the same program is needed.

I think it would be a good feature to add if there is none already. Maybe next generation.

I wonder of itis already a feature in Roland and Yamaha workstations...
DanLong124

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my FA08 you can use a part utility to copy a part to another and it brings all the parameters with it.

What I did was create a combi with a sampled sound effect and that sound effect program was put on ch5 and i need it to be on 1 so it lines up with all the other sound effects I use on my other combis. That way I always reach for the same fader/mute button regardless of the combi.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanLong124 wrote:
On my FA08 you can use a part utility to copy a part to another and it brings all the parameters with it.

What I did was create a combi with a sampled sound effect and that sound effect program was put on ch5 and i need it to be on 1 so it lines up with all the other sound effects I use on my other combis. That way I always reach for the same fader/mute button regardless of the combi.

Make perfect sense to have it and surprised kronos does not have it.
I even looked in sequemcer to see if there with things such as track bouncing. But saw no clue for it being there.
I never thought of such a feature, because when i was getting into combi making, i simultaneously was learning kronos operating. So the long drawn out step-by-step approach was the best way for me to go, and after that, it just seems for me, standard to do it that way.
But it makes good sense to have the feature for quick copy of one timbre to another with all timbre parameters and settings, following.
I still prefer Kronos OS and touch screen navigation layout, over Roland FA old style button navigation. I guess that is why Roland needs the advantage of the timbre copy feature where step by step editing is a pinch behind the ease of it on Kronos.
A few other things Roland does better when it comes to layer parts or sequencer work.

I personally don’t know that i am missing anything because the only workstations i have ever owned are Korg flagship workstations.
I simply wait for Korg to make a new generation and show me what i am missing. I think korg should have the feature in the next generation.
In-the-CHORD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: This should be in the next firmware update Reply with quote

19naia wrote:
DanLong124 wrote:

I even looked in sequemcer to see if there with things such as track bouncing. But saw no clue for it being there.
I never thought of such a feature, because when i was getting into combi making, i simultaneously was learning kronos operating. So the long drawn out step-by-step approach was the best way for me to go, and after that, it just seems for me, standard to do it that way.
But it makes good sense to have the feature for quick copy of one timbre to another with all timbre parameters and settings, following.
I still prefer Kronos OS and touch screen navigation layout, over Roland FA old style button navigation. I guess that is why Roland needs the advantage of the timbre copy feature where step by step editing is a pinch behind the ease of it on Kronos.
A few other things Roland does better when it comes to layer parts or sequencer work.

I personally don’t know that i am missing anything because the only workstations i have ever owned are Korg flagship workstations.
I simply wait for Korg to make a new generation and show me what i am missing. I think korg should have the feature in the next generation.
In-the-CHORD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: This should be in the next firmware update Reply with quote

I hope that there is another firmware update and this is in there.

19naia wrote:
DanLong124 wrote:

timg11

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Sysexfiler program has the ability to copy and merge Timbres and IFXs between Combis, or within a Combi.

See this post for more details. It refers to this page for help files and downloads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: