Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI CONTROLLER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaelgitter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: MIDI CONTROLLER Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to this group. Trying to download the MIDI controller for the SP-170s that I own (It's an older version of the keyboard with volume control and Piano Play and Sound buttons on top. I downloaded the MIDI software, but it is not identifying all of the notes. Wonder if someone has a suggestion, thanks!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no MIDI controller software, as such, for the SP-170. The SP-170 will generate MIDI messages on its 5-pin DIN MIDI Out port whenever a key is pressed. Those MIDI messages can then be used to control an external MIDI device, which could be a MIDI-controlled sound module or synth, another keyboard with 5-pin DIN MIDI in connection, or a computer-hosted sound module. How is the SP-170 connected to the computer?
KIE13579

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: SP250 - Alesis midi/usb cable - iMac - no connection Reply with quote

Hi, used a keyboard to create sibelius scores before, but i've downloaded several test software to detect signal and i'm getting nothing through from the piano, can anyone help! thanks!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the iMac "see" the Alesis USB-MIDI cable, and is the SP-250 MIDI Out connected to the Alesis cable MIDI In?

By default, the SP-250 transmits MIDI data on MIDI channel 1.

Try connecting the SP-250 via its MIDI-Out port to the MIDI-In of another device e.g. rack synth or another keyboard. If it works, suspect the USB-MIDI interface.
pianoguys

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you connected to the computer yet. The SP-170s doesn't have USB to Host port, and only has MIDI Out, so you'll need to get a USB MIDI interface to be able to transfer MIDI data between your keyboard and computer.

You say you've downloaded MIDI software. What kind of software? It's hard to give any advice without knowing any details.

A really good article that explains how to connect your keyboard to a computer/smart device and things you can do once you've connected was recently published on PianoDreamers. It should answer most of your questions and give a better understand of how things work.

Here it is: https://www.pianodreamers.com/midi-connection-guide/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: