Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI messages won't work with MOSS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwnLab

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: MIDI messages won't work with MOSS Reply with quote

Folks, this is my first post here, so bare with me, this topic might be mentioned before. So my apology in advance.

So here's my dilemma. I have a Trinity V3 with MOSS board installed, and the MOSS board has a number of sounds that are incorporated in the COMBINATION option. So when I click on COMBI I see that some sounds have the "M" bank in there, meaning that this specific COMBI number has a combination of sounds, and one of them is MOSS sound. I am sure you guys know this already, but I am just laying down the issue.

My issue is when I send MIDI exclusive messages to change certain settings, Global settings is what I mean, the settings do get in and I can see them changing. But when I play the COMBI that has MOSS sound, turns out the setting is not deployed. I physically have to put them in via the touch screen to make that specific COMBI recognize the change, and this only happens in a COMBI that has MOSS sound in it. If I select another COMBI that has no MOSS sound, and send the same MIDI message everything works fine, the settings is changed and I can play and hear the new setting.

I tried it differently, by sending the MIDI message, then turn off the keyboard, and turn it back on, then go to the COMBI with MOSS sound, the setting is deployed and plays perfectly fine. But of course that won't be convenient to send the MIDI setting, then turning the keyboard Off, then turning it back on.

Of course I am giving you folks the summary of what I tried, because I tried million other things, to the point where I am giving up.

Does anyone know what is going on? And why is the trinity acting this way? Or is it the MOSS? Also, could it be related to RAM vs ROM? Or does it have to be done somewhere in the memory address? I don't know, I am just so frustrated don't know where to check.

In case you wonder what settings I am talking about, I was referring to settings like Master Tune, Transpose, Key scaling, etc etc.

Any help is greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.
SwnLab

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody has a suggestion, or comments about this? I am open for any ideas. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MOSS Option All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: