Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Akai libraries

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oliv73

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Akai libraries Reply with quote

Hi

Some kronos owners wrote it's great that Kronos can read directly akai libraries .
Do you know where they can be find ?
Do you think it 's a great value for kronos or it 's just outdated ?

Oliv
soundspossible

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Akai libraries Reply with quote

oliv73 wrote:
Hi

Some kronos owners wrote it's great that Kronos can read directly akai libraries .
Do you know where they can be find ?
Do you think it 's a great value for kronos or it 's just outdated ?

Oliv

Yes, the Kronos can read and convert Akai S1000 CDs just fine. I converted a few. "Outdated" is subjective. If you like how it sounds and you make music with it, does it matter how old the sample is? And the samples themselves are just raw materials anyway, so it depends on what you do with them.

I haven't searched for any Akai libraries, but if you're looking for free sounds, you'd probably have an easier time finding stuff in sf2 or Kronos formats. There have been some very generous contributions by members of this forum that I'm sure a search would reveal.
pete.m

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are tons of .aiff sounds for sale on eBay too, mostly very cheap.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will find tons of AKAI libraries in ebay. They are generally great value for money and by no means outdated. Just make good choices.

There are also still for sale new from countless online stores. Some of the best sound on my KRONOS are from AKAI Disks I've purchased over the years.

I still have my original AKAI S5000 sampler, and I've even just recently bought an AKAI S6000 samplers. There are a great source of good / cheap sounds.

The KRONOS directly reads AKAI S1000 disks extremely well. KORG did a super job on the conversion process. It's pretty darn close to what I hear my real AKAI Samplers produce.

Regards
Sharp.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
You will find tons of AKAI libraries in ebay. They are generally great value for money and by no means outdated. Just make good choices.

There are also still for sale new from countless online stores. Some of the best sound on my KRONOS are from AKAI Disks I've purchased over the years.

I still have my original AKAI S5000 sampler, and I've even just recently bought an AKAI S6000 samplers. There are a great source of good / cheap sounds.

The KRONOS directly reads AKAI S1000 disks extremely well. KORG did a super job on the conversion process. It's pretty darn close to what I hear my real AKAI Samplers produce.

Regards
Sharp.

What should one search for in order to find some high-quality commercial libraries on sites such as eBay? My searches for AKAI sample libraries seem to turn up a lot of questionable crap Smile
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
pete.m

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true, Seedy - much of it is crap. But it's no different to any other form of shopping - there is plenty of good stuff around, but you have to wade through the rest to find the thing you want. C'est la vie.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you will have to dig.

Some of the ones I use a lot are.....

https://www.spectrasonics.net/products/legacy/symphonyofvoices.php
https://www.spectrasonics.net/products/legacy/vocalplanet.php
https://www.ilio.com/products/ilio-samplelibrary/worldwinds
https://www.ilio.com/products/spectrasonics-samplelibrary/hanszimmerguitars
https://www.ilio.com/products/spectrasonics-samplelibrary/hanszimmerguitars2

(Country Jamboree ( can't seem to find a link to this one anymore but it's very good)

KORG Universe....

I can post titles of lost worth checking out if you want.

Regards
Sharp.
oliv73

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for these links

The demo from the "worldwind" samplelibrary sounds beautiful

@sharp :
I find an old thread where you tried to get a list about the best AKAI CD's for the KRONOS:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=74143

It was a good idea but didn't get a lot of success .
Alexx_best

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! Is it possible to load in Kronos something from Akai ISO image copied to a USB Flash drive??
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexx_best wrote:
Hello! Is it possible to load in Kronos something from Akai ISO image copied to a USB Flash drive??

Sorry no, the KRONOS won't read the raw ISO image. You would have to burn the ISO image to a disk to get it back into true AKAI format. Once you do that, the KRONOS will read it direct from an external CD drive.

Desktop software can help though. Extreme Sample Converter can read the ISO image directly and convert it to SF2 format that your KRONOS will read.

Awave Studio will probably do it too.

For the best quality conversion, your still better off to load the AKAI disks directly into the KRONOS and save it back to the SSD in KRONOS format. KORG's conversion process is pretty darn good.

Regards
Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: