Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording on various parts via MIDI

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmitch2007

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Recording on various parts via MIDI Reply with quote

Hi all.

Was wondering if it is possible to record MIDI info from a DAW to 4 separate parts?

For example, I may have a MIDI file on a DAW MIDI out to the electribe 2, with Part 1 set to receive on MIDI Channel 1, part 2 to receive from MIDI Channel 2, etc...etc.

Problem is there only seems to be one Global MIDI channel so I'm not able to do this. Checked the manual and there is nothing mentioned about assigning different MIDI channels to different parts?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should work fine as I've done it myself. Are you trying to record the same midi sequence to four different pads on the electribe, or four different sequences to four different pads?

When I done it, I set up midi tracks with the relevant sequences, then in the DAW I set the output of the 1st midi track as the E2 midi channel 1, the output of the 2nd midi track as E2 midi channel 2, etc. When you play the sequence in your DAW, you should see the pads on those channels lighting up as they receive the midi data. Then just hit record as the sequence begins and they should be recorded to the electribe. Works fine for me, I have done it many times, and haven't touched global midi channels or any of that.
cmitch2007

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steeplemouth for the reply.

Yes, I want to record each separate track from the DAW MIDI file to each separate part but in one go! I assigned each DAW/MIDI file track a separate MIDI channel for each part but realized that I could not assign the MIDI channels on the Electribe as it only lets you do one Midi Channel using the Global settings menu.

Is there any specific setting I need to do on the Electribe to make this work?

Thanks again.
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The midi channels on the E2 cannot be changed but they have been assigned channels 1-16. The first pad is channel 1, second page channel 2, etc.

So if you want to record a sequence to the first pad, just set up a midi track in your DAW with the output as E2 midi channel 1 and that should work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: