Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Secondary SSD Kronos 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pianogospel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Secondary SSD Kronos 2 Reply with quote

Hi Guys, I am trying to install a secondary SSD in my Kronos 2.

All the tutorials here and on Youtube show how to do that in Kronos 1, that uses an Intel motherboard.

Mine has an Asrock board and the sata connection on this motherboard is not so "visible" as in the Intel board of Kronos 1.

So my doubt is: to install this secondary SSD in my Kronos is it really necessary to remove the keybed first? Or is there any other way?

Does anybody have a tutorial or photo that shows exactly what I will have to do?

(the only tutorial I found on Youtube about doing this on Kronos 2 the person did not explain or show this part).

Thanks!
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I did it a few time ago. I get a Kronos 2 73.

No, you don't have to remove the KB. Indeed, the second Sata socket is less accessible but it's not really difficult.
The only important thing : buy a right angle sata cable. If not you won't be able to connect it.
Then, you'll just have to lift the KB, just a little bit, with one hand, without removing it, and plug the cable into the socket with the other hand. That's the way I did it.
Sorry I don't have my own video or pictures. But, like you, I followed what I found !
pianogospel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Secondary SSD Kronos 2 Reply with quote

pianogospel wrote:
Hi Guys, I am trying to install a secondary SSD in my Kronos 2.

All the tutorials here and on Youtube show how to do that in Kronos 1, that uses an Intel motherboard.

Mine has an Asrock board and the sata connection on this motherboard is not so "visible" as in the Intel board of Kronos 1.

So my doubt is: to install this secondary SSD in my Kronos is it really necessary to remove the keybed first? Or is there any other way?

Does anybody have a tutorial or photo that shows exactly what I will have to do?

(the only tutorial I found on Youtube about doing this on Kronos 2 the person did not explain or show this part).

Thanks!

this is news to me-- that your K2 has an "Asrock " mobo.

Is that what Korg is now using for their factory K2's ?

And what key size is your K2 ? This might have some effect on operating room inside the K2 chassis
MSoft

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Secondary SSD Reply with quote

https://www.google.com/search?q=korg+kronos+second+ssd&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj-g6WVhufdAhVH3iwKHaI0Dx4Q_AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=966
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: