Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pan Automation Using Karma

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joao275

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Pan Automation Using Karma Reply with quote

I'm using Karma to create an arpeggio and it's also making the PAN move from left to right automatically. My problem is that it restarts the pan automation every time i play a new chord, always starting at the left. What can i do so it won't restart?
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try going to the Common tab > KARMA > Trigger sub-tab

There you'll see a table where one of the rows looks like this:

Note l Trigger l Latch l Any l On

Try changing that "Any" to "1st".

You'll notice that the arp is now sustained if Latch is on but the panning doesn't reset when you trigger new chords.

A side effect of this might be that the arp now goes too high, instead of restarting from the beginning of the melody when you hit a chord.

To decrease the length of the arp phrase use KARMA slider 5 "Note Range".

If that still isn't the effect you want (I'm not sure how you're hitting chords during the phrase) try one of the other Arp GE's like Arp Model 03 or 04 to have the phrase just go up or down.

EDIT: Another option would be to disable the panning data from the KARMA module by going to Common > KARMA > MIDI Filter CC Offset
There you'll see a checkbox under CC-A inside of the Transmit MIDI Filter box. Uncheck that box to disable panning. Note that if you tried my previous advice before this, you might actually need to return to the Trigger tab and put Note back to Any since the panning might be free running in the background.
Anyway once you disable panning by unchecking CC-A, simply assign the common LFO to the panning of the instrument as that is capable of free running regardless of when notes are triggered.
Joao275

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CharlesFerraro wrote:
Try going to the Common tab > KARMA > Trigger sub-tab

There you'll see a table where one of the rows looks like this:

Note l Trigger l Latch l Any l On

Try changing that "Any" to "1st".

You'll notice that the arp is now sustained if Latch is on but the panning doesn't reset when you trigger new chords.

A side effect of this might be that the arp now goes too high, instead of restarting from the beginning of the melody when you hit a chord.

To decrease the length of the arp phrase use KARMA slider 5 "Note Range".

If that still isn't the effect you want (I'm not sure how you're hitting chords during the phrase) try one of the other Arp GE's like Arp Model 03 or 04 to have the phrase just go up or down.

EDIT: Another option would be to disable the panning data from the KARMA module by going to Common > KARMA > MIDI Filter CC Offset
There you'll see a checkbox under CC-A inside of the Transmit MIDI Filter box. Uncheck that box to disable panning. Note that if you tried my previous advice before this, you might actually need to return to the Trigger tab and put Note back to Any since the panning might be free running in the background.
Anyway once you disable panning by unchecking CC-A, simply assign the common LFO to the panning of the instrument as that is capable of free running regardless of when notes are triggered.

Thanks for your reply. I'll give it a try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: