Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trigger In slightly out of time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elastic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Trigger In slightly out of time Reply with quote

Hi,

I am triggering my ms20 mini by sending a sound (rim shot) out of Maschine, which goes out of my audio interface and into the ms20 Trig In jack. It triggers fine but it's slightly out of time and i can't seem to figure out a way to get it in time with my daw metronome.

Even when i trigger it from my 808 trig out, its exactly the same.
Any ideas?

Thanks
slug

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wood block doesn't sound like a good choice it must have a slight slope to the attack. The envelope triggers on the threshold of the leading edge of the sound, so best to use sharp attack sounds, such a pulse wave/zap etc.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you record what you are using to trigger the MS-20 and see what the wave looks like? Like Slug mentioned, it needs basically a square/pulse wave to trigger (as close as can be*) perfect. Any slope on the attack will delay the time taken to reach the threshold voltage. The other issue to consider, and recording the trigger signal will show this up too, is is your interface lagging? Run the signal from the out to an in and record it. You'll be able to see if it is indeed reaching the MS-20 at the same time as the Maschine is sending it (or as close as machinely possible).

*There is no such thing as a perfect square/pulse wave, it'll always have the most subtle of slopes on it, but on a good square it's unnoticeable for all intents and purposes.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: