Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Out Now! New Electric Guitar Sound Library for Kronos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Out Now! New Electric Guitar Sound Library for Kronos Reply with quote

Hi there,

Just to let everyone know that our third collection of Electric Guitar Sounds is now available for Kronos. Sounds are compatible with all Kronos models, including the Kronos Classic, Kronos X and Kronos 2.

Kid Nepro’s third Electric Guitar PCG for Kronos has sampled new sounds from our Vintage “Tele” Guitar. 66 MB of new samples included. A wide mix that’s perfect for your next recording session or live gig. ONLY $69. USD.

The PCG file includes 64 programs, 16 Combis and 16 Guitar Loops. A great assortment of clean guitars for light tracks or heavy overdrive leads that will have you soloing like a rock star at your next gig. There’s also a several effects added to the controls, which simulates all the effects pedals that a guitar player will use on a gig or recording session.

More info at:

https://www.kidnepro.com/KN/Korg/Kronos/korg-kronos-v15.html

If you have any questions just let me know.

Proton Cool

New Sound Libraries For Korg Synths
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

After listening to the tow videos, it seems to be only sampled riffs. Is it the case ? Or, are all sounds playable on the keyboard ?
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the video features the sampled riffs, but there is much more included. Most sounds are playable from the keyboard. The audio demos have a good mix of that too. There's a link to the program and combis lists at the web page in the link above. Just click on that for more info.

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kid_nepro_2002 wrote:
Yes, the video features the sampled riffs, but there is much more included. Most sounds are playable from the keyboard. The audio demos have a good mix of that too. There's a link to the program and combis lists at the web page in the link above. Just click on that for more info.

Steve, is it possible to create Strat type sounds, such as Hendrix, SRV, with Kronos ?

Its seems to be difficult with the K's FX and it appears that samples would have to be created for authenticity.
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

Steve, is it possible to create Strat type sounds, such as Hendrix, SRV, with Kronos ?

Its seems to be difficult with the K's FX and it appears that samples would have to be created for authenticity.

Hi Greg,

You can do a lot with the Kronos effects and controls to enhance "clean" samples. Also, we've sampled the Tele with effect pedals and rack effects to create sounds not found in the internal effects. In our second guitar collection, we sampled a Strat (link below). It has lot's of good samples, but sounding like those guys is another story. The joystick helps. Laughing

https://www.kidnepro.com/KN/Korg/Kronos/korg-kronos-v11.html

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kid_nepro_2002 wrote:
GregC wrote:

Hi Greg,

You can do a lot with the Kronos effects and controls to enhance "clean" samples. Also, we've sampled the Tele with effect pedals and rack effects to create sounds not found in the internal effects. In our second guitar collection, we sampled a Strat (link below). It has lot's of good samples, but sounding like those guys is another story. The joystick helps. Laughing

https://www.kidnepro.com/KN/Korg/Kronos/korg-kronos-v11.html

You are right, Steve. With these great guitarists, I think its 80% their incredible expressive skill and 20% their sound.

I like your 2nd guitar collection- I can hear a Jeff Beck type Strat sound. Thats something I can work with, good job
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Steve,

Have you ever tried to use an externel distorsion unit (using Kornos individual output and analog input) instead of internal Kronos disto effect ?
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:
Hello Steve,

Have you ever tried to use an externel distorsion unit (using Kornos individual output and analog input) instead of internal Kronos disto effect ?

Never tried that one. Maybe next time!

Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

You are right, Steve. With these great guitarists, I think its 80% their incredible expressive skill and 20% their sound.

I like your 2nd guitar collection- I can hear a Jeff Beck type Strat sound. Thats something I can work with, good job

Over a couple of decades of playing guitar, I've bought and sold much gear searching for the holy grail of tone. It took me many years to realize that the most important component of tone generation is the player's fingers. Not that I'm a great guitar player, but once I realized this, it made a big difference.

I think the Kronos can produce some good guitar sounds, but not if you play it like a piano, of course.

The new library sounds really good, kid_nepro (as do the others). Nice work! Adding to my wish list.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightbringer wrote:
GregC wrote:

Over a couple of decades of playing guitar, I've bought and sold much gear searching for the holy grail of tone. It took me many years to realize that the most important component of tone generation is the player's fingers. Not that I'm a great guitar player, but once I realized this, it made a big difference.

I think the Kronos can produce some good guitar sounds, but not if you play it like a piano, of course.

I go back to the 60's/70's , played rhythm guitar in a cover band ( and organ/EP). My ax was an ES335, a sunburst beauty.

More recently, I did ( or tried to) to produce a cover of the Beatles
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI8P6ZSHSvE
using 100% Kronos.

The cover was going good until I got to Clapton's blazing guitar solo toward the end.

No f'g way could I cover that lead guitar solo with my keyboard fingers and Kronos E guitar sounds.

This is generally my experience with '' classic e guitar solos " by the guitar gods.
I can't begin to capture the essence of the expressive guitar solos.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that for non guitar players, this is amazing! For me though, it's not something that I would need. I have a lot of different guitars and even though I'm not a ripping lead player, I can still get by.
But as I said, for those non guitar players who want to be able to get guitar parts in their songs, this is amazing!

Great work , Kid Nepro!

I'm quite impressed! I bought sounds for my Korg Polysix from you way back in the 80's and you're still going strong!

Awesome!
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:
Hello,

After listening to the tow videos, it seems to be only sampled riffs. Is it the case ? Or, are all sounds playable on the keyboard ?

important notes here:

https://www.kidnepro.com/blog/notes-on-using-electric-guitar-loops-imported-into-kronos-drum-track/
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be sure:

Whenever I listen to Kronos library demos, I have to be sure to hear programs and/or combis in simple live action (as if I were playing casual content myself) to judge the library, no completely produced loops or riffs.

Are demos of single notes directly played with different programs and/ or combis available?
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Just to be sure:

Whenever I listen to Kronos library demos, I have to be sure to hear programs and/or combis in simple live action (as if I were playing casual content myself) to judge the library, no completely produced loops or riffs.

Are demos of single notes directly played with different programs and/ or combis available?

No, but this will be soon be available at the Korg Kronos store, where you can download and install the demo. I'll post something when it's online.

Thanks to all for the nice comments. Cool

Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

More recently, I did ( or tried to) to produce a cover of the Beatles
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI8P6ZSHSvE
using 100% Kronos.

The cover was going good until I got to Clapton's blazing guitar solo toward the end.

No f'g way could I cover that lead guitar solo with my keyboard fingers and Kronos E guitar sounds.

This is generally my experience with '' classic e guitar solos " by the guitar gods.
I can't begin to capture the essence of the expressive guitar solos.

Fair enough. I think your expectations might be set higher than mine. A lot of boards and/or VSTis where I've tried to play a guitar sound, it just sounds corny, and I decided I was far better off picking a synth type sound for the part.

The Kronos seems to be able to at least sound realistic on guitar if you take advantage of its controllers. But I'm not using it to try to lay down cover solos of some of the greatest players ever, either. Smile I'm sure there are limits both within the controllers and my playing ability that would drop me somewhere short of that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: