Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The tuning issues need a fix - and communication from Korg!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Status update:

After half a year of defening silence, a user from the UK finally got a support message with the following content:
“Our engineers have identified the source of the issue and are currently testing a proposed resolution. Until the various procedure have been completed, we are unable to comment any further at this moment in time.”

As registered Prologue user, I didn't get any notification of that kind. And the Korg news page, where this news would definitely belong, if Korg Japan had any little bit of respect for Prologue owners with the heavy issue, does not mention anything about that either.

But at least it's the first good news concerning the heavy mistuning issue since half a year, whatever that means concerning possible solutions and the time that it will take again.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanhwile I had several talks with resellers, and a futile last effort asking local support, ending in a dead end. All I heard and experienced was far from encouraging. I have had no hint whatsoever, that a fast solution for the Prologue problem might be imminent.

So I just packaged my second Prologue within weeks for return.
And before it became a return unit, with full money back, my reseller has checked a third new unit as potential replacement: it had the same tuning issue. Besides other units, which I have checked elsewhere meanwhile, I alone have met 6 faulty Prologues with the tuning issue so far - while I have not been able to get my hands on at least one single well working unit in person.

I am no Korg beta tester for faulty units, after paying 1700€. So my enthusiasm for the Prologue will take a deep breath at this point. And while I'm at it, I obviously have to reconsider my whole years long faithful Korg relation (resulting from much better Korg experiences). Times are changing, and if companies change to worse, and are no longer willing to deliver what I paid for, adding absolutely impertinent months long silence towards customers on top of bad quality control, my money ways will be changing just as fast, and not just for one buy: simple as that. Smile

Customer trust has to be earned and confirmed, not treated with utter carelessness and contempt: that's simply no business model which can work out well.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully my last update in this matter:

After buying and returning 2 Prologues and having tested 4 others, without exception all 6 being faulty units with the tuning bug (different degrees, but beyond useable), i just received no.7. This last effort (serial no. 2560) seems to have worked out well. I still have a hard time believing it.

While I'm really relaxing now, after spending a lot time for Korg's bad quality control, and their following bad behavior in dealing with the problem, I still feel with everyone going through the same kind of time wasting trouble. It continues to be a MUST for Korg Japan, to finally begin to communicate and solve the problem, while faulty units keep circling all over the place, driving trustful customers crazy.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news! Happy for you.
Not happy for myself though cause it looks like it is not a software but rather hardwire issue. And I missed my returning window way before people start talking about the tuning issue
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after longer warming up, I notice now, that the issue is still well audible, just below the fomer degree of making the synth completely unuseable.

So I got a unit which is halfway playable, not more, which is something already. But Korg is still far from having really solved the issue.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as it is getting colder in Michigan, yesterday I turned the device on and was happy to hear almost no tuning issue, but then it cam back. I have not the worst unit, usually out of tune is less than 15 but it is still quite annoying
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is rather ~ casual 5-10 cent jumps, which does no longer irritate the ear in mixing context, if you aren't listening to notice it consciously. So I get by.

But it is a funny view, that Korg might need a cold winter to stay in business with the Prologue. These lame ducks in Japan should finally really show some reponsibility fast.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They always have some crappy software (not sure if this is the case with prologue anymore) issues. Jitting with R3, something was wrong with e2, do not remember but it was annoying and I sold it, value jumps on emx1, that’s what i can briefly recall. But otherwise all what they do is very nice sounding and has great features. I adore their vpm and it was o all of the units I described. I am not a fan boy of Korg, I had plenlty of gear from other companies. But at the moment I have their karp oddy and prologue 16, super happy with both (except this annoying tuning thingy). I produce electro-industrial and do not need much chords, but I am also a keybordist and play the synth in a normal way quite a bit so i have to cranck cutoff knob a bit down to reduce the phasing cause sometimes it pops up ass an aching tooth.
rgarner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have asked the question directly now: are you repairing these if it's a hardware problem? If the time ticks down past my year of ownership are you going to honour the warranty?

I'm getting nothing back so it's probably about time to ring the dealer and say "look, this is broken, it's always *been* broken, I've never been able to use it properly on a track let alone take it out live, it's not fit for purpose (unless I only play in G minor, and it sounds so good when I do that I've tried to do that) and Korg can't tell me they can fix it, so I'm afraid since no-one can repair it, UK law requires a refund."
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those not familiar with the issue, someone made a YouTube video:
https://youtu.be/lEd187s_kto

P.S.
It should be noted that the Prologue does NOT have the ground noise issue from this video. None of the devices I tried had that, and meanwhile the author of the video also confirmed, that this noise was only due to a poor overall connection setting he had.

The only issue we talk about is the tuning issue.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have seen a video where Korg UK representative Luke claims the tuning issue is a software one and will be fixed with future update.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be the best of all possible scenarios concerning the issue, and the best news within half a year. If Korg Japan have this impression, it has been a massive failure of the Korg Japan management not to let every Prologue owner know by now.

It would have been no problem to post that in public with a disclaimer like "as far as we see by now", or "until our research is finished, we don't guarantee that impression, but we guarantee full repsonsibility to fix or take back units concerned."

Spell: RESPONSIBILITY
Spell: RESPECT TOWARDS PAYING CUSTOMERS

Even if they fix it soon, I for one definitely won't forget this incredibly bad actual Korg Japan experience (just like I haven't forgotten much better former Korg times). It has cost me many hours of futile sending forth and back devices, talks and emails with support leading nowhere, and own research.

And all this hassle only for some Japanese management guys, who don't have the compentence and the guts to communicate in any halfway proper way??? I would surely tell them a thing or two, if I was standing in their office right now! It's not the software team which made the biggest mistake from my view: such failures can happen. It's the Korg top managers, who completely misbehaved after the failure, and have broken trustful customer relations, during many months after the issue became evident!!
black953mj

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZoll wrote:
I just have seen a video where Korg UK representative Luke claims the tuning issue is a software one and will be fixed with future update.

Good news - do you happen to have the link?
Minimoog Voyager - DSI Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB-6 - Access Virus Ti2 - Korg Kronos 2 - KingKORG - Novation MiniNova - Roland JU-06 - Roland RD-700GX - Novation Bass Station Rack - EMU Proteus 2000 - Various other old musical gadgets and dodads
NickZoll

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is

https://www.facebook.com/groups/KorgPrologueUserForum/permalink/1098684176966944/
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZoll wrote:
Here it is

https://www.facebook.com/groups/KorgPrologueUserForum/permalink/1098684176966944/

tried to listen to Luke carefully.

'''' Korg is kind of working on it... "

?

I heard everything else.

Last edited by GregC on Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: