Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big problem, bad situation with my PA700 , Freezes!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
irongr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Big problem, bad situation with my PA700 , Freezes! Reply with quote

Hello to everybody!

I am George from Greece.

I would like to mention a very big problem that made me feel uncomfortable with my PA700...
In my live performances it freezes and the only solution is reboot! It's been the 6th time before some days. That means no microphone so i can't talk to the dancers because last time it stuck when playing disco and people were dancing...embarassing but fast boot of pa700 is good although.
I don't know when it happens... one time was just when i loaded a style and when i tried to sychro start....Nothing! And the singer was looking at me with question on her face...

I bought it in December so it is still under waranty. But the shop i bought it cannot cover me while it's been dispatched with another one so i would not be able to play? Also this problem is very difficult to happen and be seen so the time will be longer i think...

Any solution? Anyone faced the same problem?
I have updated the last firmware but same...
musicmurugesh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Freezing Reply with quote

Hi Mr. George
This may be the problem with RAM. If Ram filled with full of memory, please try to delete some samples or styles to free up. (Backup is important first). After if it is not rectified, Remove the back cover and Remove once the ram and fit it to back. It will be alright.
Warm regards
ANDRZEJP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=113239&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: Freezing Reply with quote

musicmurugesh wrote:
Hi Mr. George
This may be the problem with RAM. If Ram filled with full of memory, please try to delete some samples or styles to free up. (Backup is important first). After if it is not rectified, Remove the back cover and Remove once the ram and fit it to back. It will be alright.
Warm regards

Pa700 has no removable RAM module.
Also maxing out the sampling memory should not (and is not actually) create any problems as that is what it is for!
I would suspect the SET used (especially if it comes from pa800/2x or has any data written in that format inside) which could have some wrong values depending on which OS the machine had back then.
A possible solution ,if that is the case, is to resave ALL styles , sounds and keyboard sets so they will get updated to 700 format...

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
irongr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

First of all thank you for your answers!
Ram isn't full yet and i agree with the "musiccankill" answer that it's its use for... The styles it stuck were imported from my previous pa500 that never got stuck. The one style it stuck in the start was already edited in my pa700 and saved again... The other one was imported from a midi file by the pa700 also.

In my set there are many styles from pa800 too but the time it freezes is not when loading the specific ones...
I'll try saving again, but do you mean one by one?

I am still confused
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I m sending you pm cause i m from Greece too ...

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: