Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clicking Sound and other issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujamroll

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Clicking Sound and other issues Reply with quote

I have an early production Pro 16 and I have several problems with the unit including the major detuning issue which is already well documented. The problems are:

an audiable and prominent ‘clicking’ sound on voice trigger/key depression even where there is a long attack time

voice leakage sometimes appearing on random notes when playing

the entire operating system crashing (when this happens the unit cannot even be switched off via the power switch - I have to isolate it from the power source before it will power down)

the oscilloscope freezes occasionally

Is anybody else encountering anything similar?
Synthee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an low serial number prologue 16 with similar problems as yours.
I send it back to the dealer a few weeks ago to get it repaired.

We will see when I get it back if they have manage to fix everything, I really hope so.
Ujamroll

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for replying.

I have returned my unit to Korg also.

Korg UK have acknowledged the ‘detuning’ issue and that Korg Japan are investigating.

Korg’s retail distribution/dealers in the UK appear to be completely unaware of any issues with the Prologue. Funny that.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can bet, that in fact they are probably anything but unaware. Perhaps this is just ultra-defensive and lame strategy.

I met the same "Oh, you are just the second person we heard about" kind of comments here in Germany. But if you check facts, the issue is well known for half a year meanwhile. And in internet times, I really have a hard time believing, that some, working for the same company, or others selling lots of these units, only get aware of such things many months after others, while public forum discussions on Gearslutz are constantly going on in a long Prologue thread.

As far as I'm aware, Korg UK has already confirmed knowing of the problem a while ago, as can be seen from an Email answer posted in another forum, as far as I remember. But retailers still know nothing of it?

If so, there must be a lot of utterly clueless hobby musicians out there, who think their new device, showing some funny behavior, has just a peculiar way of being "analog". On the other hand, if anyone is deaf and unmusical enough not to notice the issue, he or she will be happy noodling around with a faulty device, no matter what. And then it's more or less irrelevant, if they bought a synth, or a vacuum cleaner, to make some 'music'. Smile
Ujamroll

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My unit is now with Korg’s service engineers.

It will be interesting to compare what Korg UK and Korg Germany have to report on our similar problems.

I have also checked out the ‘display’ model at the retailer where I purchased my unit from and funnily enough, it also suffers from some of the same issues that I have reported.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks more and more like a complete production failure, ironically with a proud "made in Japan" sticker on the upper key, while passing all Japanese quality controls completely unnoticed.
Ujamroll

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I also think an early production batch of Prologue units
(serial number range +000001) passed through ‘beta’ with major problems. I believe Korg are afraid to openly acknowledge these problems because of commercial and legal issues with their distribution network and consumer legal rights in the countries of purchase. If this were the case, it is sad day for Korg. Korg should be honest and transparent in their disclosure of confirmation or denial of these alleged production problems. Anything less could be misconstrued as .... naughty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: