Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linking midi song to songbook

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maintech

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:14 am    Post subject: Linking midi song to songbook Reply with quote

Can I link a midi song (or mp3) to a songbook entry? I have searched without success through the manual, and cannot find out if this is possible. Appreciate any help,

David.
romney_yw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will have to create a new entry in songbook - AFAIK you can't link your MIDI or mp3 file to an existing style-based entry.

Put your keyboard in Song play mode and select the MIDI/mp3 file you wish to add to the song book. Make any other selections (keyboard set, pads, etc) you require. Press and hold the songbook key to open the "write song" dialog. Change the name for the songbook entry as required and choose the internal or direct songbook (if available), press OK then 'yes' to confirm - and you should have a shiny new songbook entry which you can further edit as necessary. I give my MIDI and mp3 entries similar names to my style entries so that they all appear together when the list is sorted alphabetically. I also put an @ on the end of the names of my mp3 entries and a $ on the MIDI file entries so that I can use the search and filter tools to find MIDI and mp3 entries quickly if I need to.

I've got a PA700, but I think the songbook is broadly similar in most of the arranger keyboards? The section "Editing the Song Book" in my PA700 manual (starting on page 117) is relevant to this.

Hope this helps.....

Romney
maintech

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Linking midi song to songbook Reply with quote

Thanks Romney, I've not yet attempted this yet but will do asap. I missed getting back to the forum last week, did not see you had responded. Appreciate your advice,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: