Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

808 bass

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: 808 bass Reply with quote

Hi

Is there any patch that recreates the 808 bass?

Many thanks in advance.
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean the sub bass when you crank the decay up and have tone down on the BassDrum channel right?

I've only messed with one 808 emulator that's found in Korg Gadget for Switch. I was surprised that their 808 BD (called BD201) is more sophisticated and has more overtones than I thought it would. Making a patch on the Kronos and setting up the realtime parameters to mimic an 808 kick channel exactly would be a lot of fun.

If you attempt it, the easiest thing to do would be to use a single oscillator of MOD-7 in Sine + Waveshaper mode. Patch it's own amp EG into pitch and give it a little drive with one of the tanh algorithms. That would certainly get you in the ballpark.

To be fair, that's not what I would do. And making the patch without a real 808 to reference would be difficult. I'd have to research youtube vids, read the 808 manual and study BD201 to get as close as I could. But I don't think you're trying to mimic an 808 bass drum so much as you're just trying to create the long decay of a dirty sine sub to layer with your kick.

Btw, most drum kits in the Kronos contain a little 808 section from C7 to G7 with the BD being on C7. Of course that's not the BD sampled as an "808 sub bass".
Valles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I've just check back in the forum.

Yes I'm trying to emulate "that" trap bass that goes along with the kick. The 808 range from C7-G7 doesn't cover all the pitches. I think the idea of using the Mod7 would be the way to go.

I will try that and keep you posted..
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are trap style kicks in the factory drum samples. In Rom mono BD samples 101 through 121 are all along the lines of what you're looking for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: