Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG Krome with an issue aside from 216 error...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rseckendorf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject: KORG Krome with an issue aside from 216 error... Reply with quote

Hello All,

I have a two year old KORG KROME 88 that has an intermittent crashing issue.
After a period of time, without fail, the keyboard screen displays a diagonal distortion pattern and the whole keyboard freezes.
So far I have tried the following:
1. Updated OS on the keyboard from 1.03 to 1.04 - That did not help
2. I tried the repair where you hold down the EXIT and ENTER keys at startup I did this 2x. No avail. Still the same trouble after a few minutes of play.
3. I backed up the SD Card according to another members experience with a 216 error, which I did not have, but was worth the exercise. Still no resolve.

I am reasonably sure at this juncture that the trouble is in hardware not in the OS or SD Card related. Anyone else who has ever had this trouble with a resolve, I would greatly appreciate some help.
Thanks!
bradkorg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its intermittent after powered-up some time means overheated hardware/bad contacts.
Most likely is the overheated lead-free balls on the bga- chips/processors, which will brittle in time loosing electric contact with the mainboard, causing the sympthoms.
After shutdown/cooling down it will working again till temperature rising to the breakdown point again.

Send to korg for repair, they most likely will just replace the whole mainboard, try making a deal for free repairing because bad hardware design/common failure etc.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any computer shop that repairs graphics cards nearby , you can pull out the main board and take it to them to reflow it for you.
Most probably it will fix your problem...
There is another method which gives better results on graphic cards (reballing) but i believe this is not needed in your case as krome is not that hot when it is powered on for prolonged period of time..

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: