Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Nano Kontrol 2 And Pa4x: control of "PADS"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ensemble

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Korg Nano Kontrol 2 And Pa4x: control of "PADS" Reply with quote

Hi guys.

I need to configure a Nano Kontrol 2 in order to remotely activate-deactivate the pa4x's PADS.

The pa4x is sometimes far from me when I play, I control start/stop and variations with an EC-5 pedal whose controls are already fully used,

so I'd like to control the 4 pads through a different remote controller. The nanokontrol 2 is tiny and fully programmable, so it seems to be the right choice

BUT: I couldn't find in the pa4x's manual WHICH midi messages activate each pad.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Nano Kontrol 2 And Pa4x: control of "PADS" Reply with quote

Ensemble wrote:
.. configure a Nano Kontrol 2 in order to remotely activate-deactivate the pa4x's PADS ...

There are no known remote commands published to be used for the Pads - maybe EC-5 usage of remotely selection of Pad 1...4, Pad Stop only is realized in OS of Pa4x, but there are no Midi-messages to do the same. Maybe Korg will publish extended instruction set for pa4x if you ask for it.

PS: It is possible to use the volume functions assignable to the sliders (Pads volume control, Pad 1…4 volume of the corresponding Pad).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Ensemble

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Nano Kontrol 2 And Pa4x: control of "PADS" Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
PS: It is possible to use the volume functions assignable to the sliders (Pads volume control, Pad 1…4 volume of the corresponding Pad).

THIS!

And is this controllable by remote with a midi CC?

Do you remember which manual part deals with it?

I only use FFOUR of the volume sliders (drum 1 and 2, bass, rhtythm guitar), and I could allocate the remaining four sliders to pads, then control the sliders by MIDI.

Or is the MIDI control directly allocated to the four keyboard zones?

Man, I can't get a grip on the pa4x architecture...
Ensemble

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Nano Kontrol 2 And Pa4x: control of "PADS" Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
xxx

Sorry for bothering you, but since you seem to be knowledgeable about the pa4x:

to the best of your knowledge, is there a way of using TWO EC5s?
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Nano Kontrol 2 And Pa4x: control of "PADS" Reply with quote

Ensemble wrote:
.. way of using TWO EC5s ..

.. no, EC-5 is a simple multiswitch-pedal and interpretation of the switching states and the triggering of the functions is done by the OS of the PA-keyboard - and this is limited to five inputs of switches. If its functions are used as the control panel buttons ( Pad 1…4, Pad Stop) no more functions are possible with EC5.

Slider mode Assign. A/B is made to control two sets of eight freely assignable controls, that can be programmed in the Global > Controllers > Sliders page for Pads volume control, Pad 1…4 volume of the corresponding Pads. Sliders are controllable manually by panel but not controllable by remote via MIDI cc - at least I don't find anything in the implementation chart.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Ensemble

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Nano Kontrol 2 And Pa4x: control of "PADS" Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
xxx

Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: