Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

After update: Musikant vs International

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IamImprov

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: After update: Musikant vs International Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
Even after intensive google searches and reading a lot on this forum I still have some questions about the International version and the Musikant.

Im trying to get a complete picture of the differences between the two including after all the latest updates. I don’t have much use for schlagermusic specifically, but I would like to keep my options as broad as possible, since you never know what sounds will be usefull. Since you cant play sounds you don’t have the Musikant seems the way to go. However i also heard there are some styles and sounds for the International version that are not for the Musikant, specifically for the more ‘American’ market.

Questions i cant find the answer to:
- are there any styles, sounds, pads, drums, effects etc in the International version that are not in the Musikant, including after all the updates?

- do updates for the Musikant add additional sounds, styles, pads, effects etc that are not available for the International?

-last one might be impossible to answer: is there a possibility / hint that future updates might differentiate even further between the two models?

I did find an older list that compares sounds and drumkits. From this list it’s clear that the Musikant before updates contains more sounds and drums. However no info on styles, and no clear info on the situation after updates.

Either way I’m looking forward to upgrading my arsenal with either instrument!
Thanks
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: After update: Musikant vs International Reply with quote

IamImprov wrote:
Hi everyone,
- are there any styles, sounds, pads, drums, effects etc in the International version that are not in the Musikant, including after all the updates?

I have no information about above.

IamImprov wrote:

- do updates for the Musikant add additional sounds, styles, pads, effects etc that are not available for the International?

Yes, definiately

IamImprov wrote:

-last one might be impossible to answer: is there a possibility / hint that future updates might differentiate even further between the two models?

I doubt there will be any new OS update rof pa4x
But if there is, it can be possible, espacially reffering to styles and sounds.
IamImprov

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pawlikp100 for the quick reply.
Seems a 1-0 for the musikant!

Im still curious if anyone here knows if there are sounds, styles etc the international has that the musikant doesn’t contain.
ingar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: After update: Musikant vs International Reply with quote

IamImprov wrote:
Hi everyone,
Even after intensive google searches and reading a lot on this forum I still have some questions about the International version and the Musikant.

Im trying to get a complete picture of the differences between the two including after all the latest updates. I don’t have much use for schlagermusic specifically, but I would like to keep my options as broad as possible, since you never know what sounds will be usefull. Since you cant play sounds you don’t have the Musikant seems the way to go. However i also heard there are some styles and sounds for the International version that are not for the Musikant, specifically for the more ‘American’ market.

I did find an older list that compares sounds and drumkits. From this list it’s clear that the Musikant before updates contains more sounds and drums. However no info on styles, and no clear info on the situation after updates.

Either way I’m looking forward to upgrading my arsenal with either instrument!
Thanks

I am interessted in PAx4 Musikant. All I find was this..:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJmUctXKq98
Snoopy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

the "international" ( INT ) styles can be used in the "Musikant" ( MUS ).

But the MUS-Styles can´t be used in the INT Version.

It´s the same with updates : After updates the MUS has still additional Voices / styles. The functions of the versions ( e.g. the actual 2.2 ) are completely the same.

As far as I know there are no differences between INT- and MUS Updates, except the different Styles / Voices. ( But you can´t run a update built for MUS in INT and as well not vice versa ! )

BTW: The MUS has a built in harddisk Wink

PA4X MUSIKANT, OS 3.1.0, PKG-Version
IamImprov

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies!

For the moment im trying out the ‘international” version, since it was more readily available, with the option to trade it in for the musikant.

I’m having a really good time, and dont really miss anything sound wise yet, so i suspect i’ll keep this version and maybe install a harddisk later.

The price and language were a smaller consideration.

But since the sounds that I really need to use the most are sounds that i plan to sample and record myself the choise came down to availability in the end.
If the store would have had a musikant on hand I might have gone for that one. Who knows!

All I know is I’m having fun programming this great instrument to fit my needs.

Awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: