Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems,problems and problems...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shandera

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Korg flaw. When I said that when recording MP3 in Korg, the sound of a metronome is written, they said this is the norm. Record in mp3 will be recorded everything that sounds from the speakers. And now in the next topic, it turns out that the main EQ does not influence the mp3 recording. Here it is the cause of my problem, that I do not like the sound recorded on the SD card. No matter how I change the main EQ, not what I hear in the speakers is recorded. This is terribly stupid. On the tools of other manufacturers this is not.
I think this is not right! This is another shortcoming of Korg PA. Many write the final work in Korg. As a result, they hear one and get another! This is fundamentally wrong! Korg should give a choice to record with the equalizer or not. Hmm. Once again, I am disappointed!
Shandera

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone heard when a new firmware for Korg PA1000-700 comes out. In general, is there any rule for them to release an OS update? Or is it random every time?
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It s add hoc, for the 700 it is now at v1.3 so three updates in the year it has been available

Plus

An update to the Songbook to give the correct song titles
antonipasaribu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: Problems,problems and problems... Reply with quote

takis46 wrote:
When I decided to buy PA-1000, I was impressed by the good critics I was reading on the media. 5/5 stars and nice wording everywhere. Now that I have it, and slowly the dust of enthusiasm is sitting down, I am left with some annoying problems. Apart from the low recording level coming out of the (...volume controlled) outputs, I now deal with problematic fillings... I will give you an example: I am playing-singing "Oh mammy-blue" at POP/SLOW POP style. After finishing the first part of the verse, its time to bridge the refrain. Therefore, I have to move from drums 2 to 3 via a fill-in. I press 3 and the PA does an ugly double step of the rhythm, like it loses the meter! I tried different timings of pressing 3, but still it is ugly! I expected the software to count and match, performing a nice fill-in... but NO! An ugly double step is what I get... Now I start to have second thoughts about my choice... Crying or Very sad

maybe you can try this one :
GLOBAL - MODE PREFERENCES - AUTO FILL IN SETTING

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Pa1000 - Fill In Reply with quote

diegodure wrote:
..I am really surprised by the complaints .. in the case of the fill, anyone with musical knowledge knows how to activate the fill ... they have explained how to correct the Fill section and its behavior ..

It is possible to correct sequences and trigger-points of fills, but a great problem with Pa1000 is the lack of fill buttons for easy direct access, as has been found in previous models for decades.

These fill buttons were well combinable with a substantially better fill mode, as it is now available in the Pa1000. With its parameters it was possible to adjust the variations to which the manuell triggered fill-ins should be continued.

Not only that is missing - now if you want to control the four fills with pedals, it is not possible, because there are no four connections for single foot switchess and there also is no EC-5 connection.

So it is necessary to use an external Controller to realize a sensible fill control.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Widitha91

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:41 am    Post subject: mp3 recording has glitches PA700 Reply with quote

I am recording a song in my brand new korg PA700. I first recorded the chord sequence using sequencer and saved it as a midi file. Then I loaded the midi file in “Song” mode and recorded as a mp3 by playing using my keyboard sets. But in some locations I have glitches where the beat skips suddenly just like when a CD is damaged and it skips some parts in a song. This is really irritating me. Could you please tell me the reason for this?

Thanks
Widitha
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: mp3 recording has glitches PA700 Reply with quote

Widitha91 wrote:
I am recording a song in my brand new korg PA700. I first recorded the chord sequence using sequencer and saved it as a midi file. Then I loaded the midi file in “Song” mode and recorded as a mp3 by playing using my keyboard sets. But in some locations I have glitches where the beat skips suddenly just like when a CD is damaged and it skips some parts in a song. This is really irritating me. Could you please tell me the reason for this?

Thanks
Widitha

Are you recording to an external USB device? If so, it may be a slower speed flash drive and you may get skips in your file playback due to recording to the external unit. It has happened to me a couple of times.

I would try recording to the Korg Disk (internal disk) and then copy that file over to the Flash drive and see if that does not fix the problem. I know it is an extra step, but if it fixes the problem...

What file resolution are you recording to? Is it the Highest Quality setting? If so, the MP3 recorder is creating a 256k file, which may requires more resources, since it is a higher quality file than the standard 128k MP3 file.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Widitha91

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Harry,
Thanks for the reply. No this happens when I record to Korg Disk. I’m using the highest quality

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: