Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca FM DX7 Rom patches sound flat, different from Dexed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjjohn61

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Volca FM DX7 Rom patches sound flat, different from Dexed Reply with quote

Follow up to my original post below:

The problem below only happens when I do a single patch transfer. When I copy over the entire bank, all of the patches seem to work fine on Volca. Not sure why the single patches transfers are corrupted. Complicates things a bit, as I'm happy with most of the current patches I hold on the Volca, but a few I don't like, so doing a single patch transfer would be ideal from Dexed, rather than overwriting the whole lot of 32 patches.

Hi All,

I've managed to copy over to my Volca FM some of the most famous original factory patches from the DX7, using Dexed for the transfer. However, they sound very different. On Dexed, for example, the famous E.Piano 1 sounds great, crisp and lively, exactly like the original DX7 sounded. When I play it on Volca FM, it sounds really flat, not crisp at all like on Dexed. In fact, it sounds not much different from a simple sine wave. The same loss of quality happens with the patch Pipes 1.

The original patches that came with the Volca FM sound great, so I don't think it's a hardware flaw.

I would have thought that all the exact same paramaters would have been copied over from Dexed and they should sound about identical, but there is a world of difference.

I'm using the same speakers for both Dexed and Volca, and it's the same problem listening through headphones anyway. Has anyone else had this problem, or have any solutions?

Many thanks.
ShoNuff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the issue is operator on/off. it's what i've identified
so far anyway.

or check the algorithm?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: