Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos and Ableton, is this easy to do

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artcutech

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject: Kronos and Ableton, is this easy to do Reply with quote

There are so many threads like this on here and I've got a basic idea of what needs to be done but figured I needed to word my own and see if someone could clarify, thanks

first off I know the plug-in editor for Kronos is 32-bit, and Ableton is 64-bit, but I think using plug-in doctor I can get around this correct?

I'm thinking about buying a Kronos on Black Friday and wanted to know if ill be able to do this fairly easily

basically I would like to simply route the tracks on the Kronos to midi tracks on Ableton, which later I will route the audio from to audio tracks in Ableton and record the audio that way, I don't know if this would be best achieved using the Kronos as the sound card input and my Apollo as the output? I've heard that the Kronos sound card has some issues routing audio with a daw but maybe thats if its set to in and out as opposed to just in? and really don't know enough about it to be completely sold

I would like to be able to call up whatever track I have loaded in Kronos on a midi track in Ableton and make sure it stays on that voice unless I simply decide to change it, but also be able to load soft synths on other midi tracks and use the Kronos as a midi controller, easy?

I've been reading up on some of the past threads on here and I know there's a way to map all of the effects and knobs so that you can automate within ableton but is this simple and straight forward? or not as easy as one might hope?

I really am looking forward to using the sampler on the Kronos and loved the saturation that the sampler on the original motif had, I'm sure it's just as good, anybody shed some light that have used both of them? and after sampling would like to control the track from the Kronos in Ableton and sequence in there, I'm sure all of this is doable but is it a pain setting up or not so much? I will be utilizing the onboard sequencer for some quick ideas but in the end would really like everything done in Ableton and don't want to feel like nothing seems to route properly?

and as far as audio quality, whats the best way to get into the daw, analog 1 and 2? usb? spdif?

I guess whatever I had loaded for an arrangement would have to be saved on the Kronos and loaded first there before opening my arrangement pre audio bounce which is fine.

What I'm really having trouble understanding is why it's so hard to just use my Apollo as the in and out for my sound card, connect the Kronos spdif and midi, and be able to load a midi track in ableton and route the ch's accordingly and everything should just work, I know this is not the case but how far off am I?

I wouldn't mind just going one by one and recording audio via analog 1 and 2 but that seems so weak and when composing I really would like to edit midi notes and automate within ableton, I should be able to fully integrate, any things I should keep in mind or look out for?

btw running iMac Pro high Sierra and ableton 9.7.7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: